Manager: M-Pesa Finance – MAP00000V
We encourage female applicants
- Perform the full operational financial function including month-end accounting and reporting;
- Ensure efficient and effective distribution of float throughout the M-PESA Eco-system.
- Establish and refine controls to reduce or eliminate risks.
- Monthly Forecasting, Annual Budgeting and 5 Year Forecast projections;
- Ensure compliance with governance, international accounting standards, statutory and regulatory requirements, taxation and accounting policies of Vodacom and Vodafone Group;
- Responsible/assist with the preparation of M-pesa Board reports, monthly management accounts, various presentations, etc;
- Staff development, skills transfer and succession planning
The accountant will work under the supervision of the Finance Manager. They will both ensure maker-checker roles are adhered to in all M-PESA transactions.
- Responsibility of M-pesa Finance functions, including control environment, finance operations, accounting and financial reporting;
- Responsible for month-end accounting process including all monthly reconciliations, account analysis and monitoring of financial results;
- Ensure effective implementation/management of the finance strategy by means of providing direction, structure, frameworks and models;
- Effective relationships and stakeholder management at a strategic level within M-Pesa environment addressing customer requirements and business needs;
- Understand key business drivers, develop models/manage forecasting/ budgeting process;
- Regular support/interaction with M-pesa Business Operations continuously engaging with all “customers”/business partners to maintain relationships and to ensure the effective management/growth and success and achievement of targets;
- Responsible for the implementation of new products/innovations/projects and improvement of processes;
- Align and comply with policies and procedures as per Group requirements
- Ensure compliance with IFRS standards;
- Cost awareness and actively seeking for savings and cost optimisation in M-Pesa focussing on Opex and Capex, also revenue opportunities;
- Ensure reporting compliance with Central Bank requirements.
Competencies, Skills & Educational Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate at senior/executive management level;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Presentation skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Delegation skills & leadership skills;
- Ability to work under pressure (fast pace, tight deadlines, long hours, etc.)
- Good work ethics
- Accounting degree with at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Preferably a post graduate qualification in accounting. Chartered Accountant or equivalent qualification will be beneficial;
- An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.
- Integrity and personal motivation;
- Ability to organise and plan;
- Time management and quality orientation.
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type : Permanent
Link de Candidatura: https://tas-vodafone.taleo.net/
Closing Date: 09-Oct-18, 11:59:00 PM