Purpose of the job:
- Take the lead in building and fostering stakeholder relationships, identifying threats, opportunities and enabling the growth of Sasol’s businesses in Mozambique.
- Enhance Sasol’s business and corporate citizenship reputation, and develop a reputation management strategy and system to enable the “Social license to operate and grow”.
- Influence and help shape the country strategy based on Sasol’s mandate in-country, and assist in the execution to ensure that Sasol is perceived as a good corporate citizen.
- Redefine and implement a “Shared Value” strategy in the area of social investment.
Understand the Mozambique structures and Operating Model Entity (OME) structures, and have the ability to integrate stakeholder engagement matters and optimise across the Operating Model Entity (OME) and with Mozambican entities.
- Develop a stakeholder engagement strategy to re-position Sasol as a valued partner of Mozambique.
- Develop appropriate engagement plan with internal and external stakeholders;
- Develop integrated tactics to engage stakeholders on Joint Value Creation (JVC) programme scopes and to enable Sasol’s strategy in the country;
- Align closely with Group Function to manage and enhance Sasol’s reputation and corporate citizenship in Mozambique
- Monitor and alert relevant Sasol management of threats and opportunities that could impact or enhance Sasol’s presence and reputation in-country.
- Provide strategic guidance on requirements such as local content, and being accountable for reputational management
- Promote the Sasol ‘Brand’ in Mozambique and provide cultural understanding to both Sasol & in-country stakeholders to enhance relationships and awareness of each other’s needs.
- Develop and implement the Sasol ‘Brand Ambassador’ programme
- Ensure effective and appropriate communication strategy and execution to change Sasol’s perception in the country.
- Monitor and recommend participation in events that will enhance Sasol’s and Mozambique’s reputations (in-country and internationally).
- Develop the NIMS business intelligence database and communication mechanisms.
- Develop a refined “Shared value” strategy for social investment and stakeholder engagement and a 10 year plan.
- Develop partnership strategy and engage with various donor agencies to attract additional funding to unlock the refined “Shared value” strategy.
- Ensure relevant structure, resources and capabilities needed to enable and sustain re-positioning and shared value approach.
- Maintain and develop internal and external functional networks that contributes directly to results.
Qualifications and Specific experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree and or a relevant Master’s Degree
- More than 10 years relevant experience: Country knowledge and the local fiduciary requirements, as well as extensive Stakeholder relations experience at senior Government officials level.
- Experience in building partnerships & maintaining relationships with external stakeholders, including governmental institutions.
- Manage a multi-discipline project team in a matrix environment.
- Sound Project Management Skills
- Strong Leadership Capability
- Preference for a Mozambican, or at least relevant experience in Mozambique and Portuguese language skills
- Inspirational – Authentically and inclusively engages people to follow; leads culture transformation
- Builds Talent – Builds capability and leverages diversity for competitive advantage
- Influential – Persuades and influences stakeholders; builds relationships and partnerships for win-win outcomes
- Collaborative – Builds teams and creates synergies through working across boundaries
- Self-Mastery – Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting
- Business-focused – Demonstrates commercial acumen, a global mind-set and exercises sound judgement
- Results-focused – Achieves results through others and holds them accountable
- Sets Direction – Provides vision and direction aligned to One Sasol
- Drives Competitive Edge – Leads organisational change, innovation and sustainability
- Strategic thought leadership
- Developing and implementing strategy
- Stakeholder Management
- Managing governance and legal compliance
- Cross functional/business integration & balancing
- Market/industry insight & integration
- Value Chain integration & Optimisation
- Business acumen
- Ability to communicate upwards and downwards in an organisation
- Demonstrates initiative and persuasiveness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
LOCATION: Maputo, Cidade de Maputo, Mozambique