24 Novembro, 2018
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is one of the largest independent oil and gas exploration and production companies, with corporate offices in The Woodlands, Texas. Anadarko’s mission is to deliver a competitive and sustainable rate of return to Shareholders by developing, acquiring and exploring for oil and gas resources vital to the world’s health and welfare.
Support the Environment Manager with the planning, development and implementation of environmental assessments, management and monitoring plans and programs to ensure compliance with environmental permitting and regulatory requirements. Coordinate the environmental verification and assurance programs and environmental performance reporting to government and lenders. Support government engagement efforts.
Reports to – Environmental Manager
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience required;
- Experience in Environmental Management in Oil & gas industry a plus;
- Good working knowledge of the International Finance Corporation (IFC) Performance Standards and other good international industry practice as well as implementation of such;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in cross-cultural situations and with cross-discipline professionals;
- Ability to develop and implement sustainable processes;
- Fluency in Portuguese and strong working knowledge of English, with the ability to write professionally in both languages;
- Computer skills including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Support the development and implementation of the environmental monitoring program, including development of procedures/tools as necessary;
- Work with contractors to ensure environmental management programs/ systems align with Anadarko requirements (regulatory, international and Anadarko);
- Coordinate environmental licensing processes;
- Monitor and report the implementation of all Environmental Management Plans (EMP) through periodic validation exercises;
- Assist with environmental regulatory reporting requirements;
- Coordinate the environmental monitoring programs and environmental field team;
- Support the coordination of government requests related to the environment on behalf of AMA1;
- Support the environmental and social lender due diligence process;
- Participate in environmental incident investigations and share lessons learned;
- Coordination of 3rd party and internal environmental audits and implementation of corrective actions;
- Input into the development of environmental training and delivery of training.
- Environmental or related Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus.
- Valid driver’s license with no restrictions that would prohibit driving a company vehicle is required.
- The percentage of travel required for this position is 25% – 30%.
- Occasional travel within Mozambique.
- This position is on a 40 hour / week schedule Monday – Friday
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and / or employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee’s and applicant’s disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following ‘Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law’ Poster.