28 Novembro, 2018
The Statutory Reporting Analyst will be based in the Maputo, Mozambique office and will be responsible for performing basic and routine statutory activities, assist the General Accounting and Tax teams, assist in the preparation of Statutory reporting requirements, maintain compliance with all regulatory and statutory requirements associated with the function, adhere to and apply proper accounting and financial recording standards and steward compliance with PGC-NIRF, IFRS, USGAAP, FCPA, UK Anti-Bribery Act. The Statutory Reporting Analyst will report to the Accounting Manager.
- Bachelor Degree in Commerce, Auditing, Tax or Accounting is required. ACCA or related finance qualification will be advantageous
- 8 years or more sound experience in a similar role, preferably in an Oil and Gas environment
- Understanding of generally accepted Accounting/ Auditing and Tax principles.
- Understanding of control principles
- Commitment to safe work practices.
- Ability to influence at peer level
- Experience working in company of a medium to large size company is preferred.
- Team player and integrity
- Ability to work independently and professionally
- Excellent Knowledge of IFRS and PGC-NIRF
- Good knowledge of USGAAP
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel to the company’s locations in northern Mozambique on occasional basis
- Prior experience with SAP
- Must be a Mozambican national
- Prepare de company Annual Financials Statements and Tax Return
- Ensure a clean and timely filing of Statutory reporting
- Collaborates with the other department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Responds to inquiries from the Director of Finance, Finance Manager, and other finance and companywide managers regarding Statutory reporting, special reporting requests and alike.
- Work with the Finance Manager to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit
- Assist in development and implementation of new process and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
Bachelor Degree in Commerce, Auditing, Tax or Accounting is required. CIMA, ACCA or related finance qualification will be an advantage
Travel will be required up to 20%.
This position is on a 40 hour / week schedule Monday – Friday.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and / or employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee’s and applicant’s disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following ‘Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law’ Poster .