4 Dezembro, 2018
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
· Takes overall accountability for initial operations and integration of Tier 2 to 4 projects and Tier 1
projects with limited business unit integration.
· Development of the project commissioning and business aspects to ensure successful business development and implementation to meet market requirements and Sasol strategic objectives.
· Develop plans, procedures and protocols to bring together all interfaces: process, utility and off-site nits, and bring the plant/unit into operation in a safe, efficient and effective manner.
· Overall planning for business and operations readiness to ensure project success.
· Lead and influence multiple business units and external stakeholders, playing a key integration role between construction, commissioning and existing operations.
· Ensure long term business success by providing a safe, operable and maintainable plant and competent resources to the business owner.
· Ensure critical enablers, success factors for commissioning and governance for commissioning is delivered for each project.
· Manage mobilization and demobilization of commissioning execution personnel on projects.
· Communication of commissioning preparation readiness and resourcing levels to operating hub and project sponsor.
|· Effective commissioning and start-up results using the Sasol Commissioning Methodology.|
|· Develop an effective business readiness and commissioning philosophy for the project.
· Performance management of direct reports and commissioning team.
· Quality commissioning preparation measured through commissioning effectiveness index
· Timely completion and use of the Commissioning Health Check to ensure commissioning deliverables are on track.
· Delivering on project milestones ensure necessary commissioning and business governance is developed and implemented and complies with internal guidelines and policies.
· Identify and escalate deviations to guidelines or policies.
· Identify and include Commissioning and Start-up risks on the project risk register, and demonstrate implementation of mitigating actions.
· Take responsibility to meet SHE objectives and targets as prescribed by country specific legislation; measured through HSE performance index, demonstrating primary responsibility for investigating and implementing preventative and corrective actions following incidents. Report on commissioning and startup preparation and performance; quality and timely reporting to stakeholders.
· Business owner satisfaction
|B Tech (Engineering), BSc (Engineering), BEng (discipline specific) or Equivalent Business qualification (wish) Commissioning Engineer on Tier 1 and 2 projects or small project portfolio.
5-8 years’ experience in commissioning as well as operational or project experience.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Persuades and influences stakeholders; builds relationships and partnerships for win-win outcomes.
- Builds Teams and creates synergies through working across boundaries.
Functional / Technical
- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
- Demonstrates commercial acumen, a global mind-set and exercises sound judgement.
- Support short to medium term EM strategy
- Provides input into Emergency Management Operations strategy
- This role is for Mozambican nationals only;
- Interested female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applications: To apply please access to http://www.sasol.com/careers/experienced-professionals/current-opportunities , and click in Africa, United States and International – view jobs – select action) e select “Commissioning Manager”. CV’s must be in English.
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void. If you don’t hear from us within a month (30 days) after the closing date of the advert, please regard your application as unsuccessful.