8 Janeiro, 2019
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is one of the largest independent oil and gas exploration and production companies, with corporate offices in The Woodlands, Texas. Anadarko’s mission is to deliver a competitive and sustainable rate of return to Shareholders by developing, acquiring and exploring for oil and gas resources vital to the world’s health and welfare.
The Lead Operations Electrical Engineering Advisor is to be responsible for the support and reliability of all electrical systems for the project. The Lead Operations Electrical Engineering Advisor is to be familiar with all power generation, distribution, protection and related control systems as well as client provided specifications and all applicable industry codes and standards. The Lead Operations Electrical Engineering Advisor will coordinate with other disciplines to ensure a reliable, maintainable implementation, meeting the project requirements.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of eight (8) or more years’ experience in Oil and Gas operations with at least five years in an international facility. Specific experience and expertise in the following is required:
- Solid knowledge of electrical and instrumentation codes and compliance standards for the Oil and Gas Industry to include API, ATEX, NEC, IEC etc;
- Able to work well in a multicultural, multinational, multilingual environment;
- Familiar with equipment at all voltage levels to be encountered in the facility;
- Proficient with AutoCAD, AutoCAD electrical;
- Familiar with electrical circuits used with electrical motors and be able to specify components used to build motor protection and control circuits;
- Ability to specify transformers, UPS and power level wiring suitable for a hazardous area;
- Competency in controls circuitry including intrinsically safe wiring barriers;
- Ability to perform any needed calculations relative to power requirements, power consumption and heat dissipation of system components;
- Experience in applying inspection methods and techniques to examine and evaluate the quality of work and materials and to detect deviations (KPIs) from project specifications, standard installation and maintenance practices;
- Sound knowledge and experience of construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning, start-up, operation, maintenance, shutdown and emergency methods, planning and reporting;
- Ability to read and interpret various types of documentation and drawings including MFDs, PFDs, P&IDs and other complex diagrams;
- Strong background and knowledge of the applicable statutes, rules, ordinances, codes, standards, regulations and safety management systems for production operations;
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communications skills;
- Proficient in the use of computers and standard software packages (MS Office, etc.).
- Proven experience in Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) such as SAP.
- EPC Phase;
- Provide technical input to the detailed design and engineering teams, the position will be required to relocate to the design office in an international location for up to 24months;
- Oversee development of Factory Acceptance Test procedures in compliance with project requirements;
- Work in collaboration with other Discipline Engineering Advisors;
- Coordinate activities with engineering and other disciplines as needed for projects;
- Verify and check designs done by others;
- Review and approve all engineering deliverables produced by the discipline stream;
- Ensure adequate sparing for all electrical systems;
- Check MTOs and ensure that requisition is done with all required documents;
- Operational Phase;
- Perform the functions required of a Senior Authorized Electrical Person (SAEP);
- Ensure appropriate engineering methods and procedures are applied during engineering;
- Prepare Technical Queries, ERFQ, ECN, and CRS and carry out Vendor Data Reviews;
- Ensure all documents and drawings are issued on time and site corrections are captured;
- Participate in offsite HAZOP, HAZID, LOPA activities, as needed;
- Identify Health, Safety and Environmental (HS&E) hazards, assess and control risks and continually enhance and develop the HS&E program;
- Adhere to and enforce all applicable safety, environmental, security, compliance, quality standards and procedures established by Company, Client, local policies, laws and regulations;
- Provide technical expertise as needed and mentor and teach others skills necessary to maintain and operate equipment;
- Generate detailed work records and handover notes to facilitate proper communications between work crews;
- Support technical investigations and root cause analysis independently and as a team;
- Responsible for planning, scheduling and execution of work activities in a cost effective manner;
- May be required to perform duties at next level of supervision.
- Electrical Engineering degree is required.
- Fluent oral and written knowledge of English.
To apply for this job please visit chj.tbe.taleo.net.
During the operations phase, this position will be on a 28/28 rotation, 12 hour shifts to Palma, Mozambique.