9 Janeiro, 2019
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is one of the largest independent oil and gas exploration and production companies, with corporate offices in The Woodlands, Texas. Anadarko’s mission is to deliver a competitive and sustainable rate of return to Shareholders by developing, acquiring and exploring for oil and gas resources vital to the world’s health and welfare.
The Maintenance Manager is located in the international design office during the EPC phase of the Mozambique LNG project. The positon will transition to be on rotation in Mozambique during the operations phase of the project. The position reports directly to the Asset Manager.
The Maintenance Manager will oversee the safe and reliable operation of the plant at the lowest life cycle cost and be accountable for the execution of preventive/predictive programs and corrective maintenance solutions for mechanical systems and associated equipment.
They will manage all maintenance activities safely and deliver set operational targets and objectives in time and within budget.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of seven (7) or more years’ experience in a Petrochemical Processing operations and maintenance, of which five (5) or more years’ experience will be in a multi Train LNG operations. Specific experience and expertise in the following is required:
- Minimum of 5 years in a multidiscipline supervisory position and minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a foreign location exposed to project management, commissioning, start-up and operations;
- Demonstrated experience in development, administration and maintenance of a CMMS system in support of Petrochemical Processing operations and maintenance for greenfield facilities;
- Experienced in managing an international workforce for Green field Operations and Projects;
- Familiarity with maintenance requirement for subsea and pipeline delivery systems;
- Strong understanding of LNG plant production and maintenance operations;
- In-depth knowledge of plant maintenance protocols and equipment diagnostics;
- Experience in supervision, training and performance evaluation for a multicultural multinational workforce;
- Experience in preparing and managing program and departmental budgets;
- Familiar with support contract preparation and administration;
- Experience with cryogenic equipment and cold temperature effects on piping, structures and other plant equipment;
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and standard safety precautions;
- Experience in applying inspection methods and techniques to examine and evaluate the quality of work and materials and to detect deviations (KPIs) from project specifications, standard installation and maintenance practices;
- Sound knowledge and experience of construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning, start-up, operation, maintenance, shutdown and emergency methods, planning and reporting;
- Ability to read and interpret various types of documentation and drawings including MFDs, PFDs, P&IDs and other complex diagrams;
- Strong background and knowledge of the applicable statutes, rules, ordinances, codes, standards, regulations and safety management systems for production operations;
- Able to work well in a multicultural, multinational, multilingual environment;
- Experience in supervision, training and performance evaluation in a multicultural workforce;
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communications skills;
- Proficient in the use of computers and standard software packages (MS Office, etc.).
- Champion the development of a positive safety culture within the maintenance team;
- Develop, communicate and ensure application of a maintenance lessons learnt database for the project Phase;
- Completion of plant maintainability studies during design phase of the project and champion inclusion of critical deliverables to support operational phase;
- Ensure development of CMMS and its Implementation at project ready for start-up milestone;
- Participate in offsite HAZOP, HAZID, LOPA activities, as needed;
- Ensure identification and securing critical operating spares and material the operating phase;
- Plays Lead Role in development and review of operations and maintenance business processes;
- Optimization of onsite sparing levels to minimize downtime and repair of equipment;
- Plays lead role in establishing required maintenance services and supply contracts for Operations phase;
- Ensures development, review and approval of maintenance procedures is-completed at project ready for start-up milestone;
- Ensures the completion of familiarization and critical training for related to use of Maintenance Planning and execution processes and procedures prior to project ready for start-up milestone.
- Identify Health, Safety and Environmental (HS&E) hazards, assess and control risks and continually contribute towards the development of HS&E programs;
- Ensure maintenance activities adhere to and enforce all applicable safety, environmental, security, compliance, quality standards and procedures established by Company, local policies, laws and regulations;
- Report all accidents, incidents and near misses according to Company Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures;
- Ensures maintenance and improvement of equipment and their performance to deliver on facility reliability targets and corrosion control performance;
- Ensure facilities predictive maintenance program for equipment is maintained and up to date;
- Ensure availability of adequate contracts services and materials to support maintenance activities;
- Implement the follow-up requirements to audits, as issued by Clients, Regulatory Authorities or management;
- Support and manage classification society surveys as part of continuous survey of machinery;
- Ensure that the permit to work and isolation systems are in place and followed;
- Ensure sufficient training for department personnel to achieve competency and certification to perform their work;
- Ensure that reports for repair and maintenance of equipment and any outage/incident reports are accurate and complete;
- Carry out annual evaluations for direct reports, and serve as review level manager for personnel managed by his direct reports;
- Play Lead role in emergency response activities;
- Generate detailed handover notes to promote continuity of work between rotations;
- Provided adequate resources in support of technical investigations and root cause analysis of failures and incidents;
- Responsible for long range departmental planning, and execution of work activities in a cost effective manner;
- Liaise with other department heads to ensure that all required inspections are compliant and completed on schedule;
- Deliver on maintenance budgeted cost and targets;
- Ensure identification and competency gaps closer plans for maintenance organization;
- Ensure developmentof nationals trainees assigned to maintenance organization;
- May be required to perform duties at next level of supervision.
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering is required (preferably Mechanical or Electrical) or equivalent experience.
- Fluent oral and written knowledge of English is required.
To apply for this job please visit chj.tbe.taleo.net.
- During the operations phase, this position will be on a 28/28 rotation, 12-hour shifts to Palma, Mozambique.