10 Abril, 2019
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To lead and take full accountability for the performance of the Supply Chain Operations Function in Mozambique.
- Define and manage the Supply Chain strategic direction and management processes by analysing business requirements and market dynamics which reflect / meet the company’s objectives and business plans.
- Implement strategies to ensure long term delivery of goods and services in the Mozambique markets with specific reference to compliance to local content requirements.
- Render Supply Chain services to other Sasol Business Units in Mozambique and leverage on economies of scale.
- Oversee the negotiation and conclusion of contracts that best serve the supply needs of operations as well as other BU’s in Mozambique within the Sasol Supply Chain governance rules.
- Manage the Material Management activities including classification of stock, setting of optimal levels to ensure production delivery and warehouse activities.
- Execute on the logistics requirements to support the operations in Mozambique.
- Responsible for the On Time In Full delivery of materials, goods and serviced as and when required by the Mozambique operations.
- Accountable for compliance to governance and the mitigation of risk within the overall portfolio.
- Accountable for the SHE agenda within Supply Chain.
- Ensure that local procurement targets are met as per the SPT Local Content Plan.
- To drive Supplier Performance Management. Support contract holders in post award contract management activities
- People management and development – There are ~10 staff reporting to this role
Minimum qualifications and experience:
Relevant Bachelor’s degree (Law, Engineering, Commercial) with a minimum of 13 years Supply Chain experience
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
Leadership and behavioural
- Shapes strategy.
- Drive results
- Problem Solving
- Judgement: Makes sound decisions, bases decisions on facts, analyse problems skilfully, uses logic to reach solutions
- One-Sasol mind-set; Shapes business strategy; Business acumen; Drives accountability and high performance; Fosters teamwork and collaboration; Role models customer focus; Leverages diversity and inclusion; Nurtures and coaches; Builds partnerships
Functional / Technical
- Excellent knowledge of Supply Chain
- Good knowledge of Mozambique operating environment
- Experience working and interacting with regulators and government officials
- Familiar with applicable legislation and regulations
- Expert Stakeholder Management skills and good communicator
- Good Project Management skills
- Good Risk Management skills
Flexibility: Remains open-minded and changes opinions on the basis of new information, performs a wide variety of tasks and changes focus quickly as demands change, mange transitions from task to task effectively, adapts to varying customer need