10 Maio, 2019
The Accountant will be based in the Maputo, Mozambique office and will be responsible for the reconciliations of FCPA Forms A & B, assist with audits, perform assigned general ledger reconciliations, open items clearing for assigned accounts. The Accountant reports to the Finance Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required
- 2 years or more sound experience in a similar role, preferably in an Oil and Gas environment
- Strong organization skills is a must
- Highly skilled with using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Good working knowledge of SAP is a plus
- Knowledge of US GAAP and / or IFRS reporting is required
- Ability to travel to the company’s locations in northern Mozambique as well as occasional trips outside of the country
- Strong English and Portuguese verbal and written skills required
- Must be a Mozambican national Qualifications
- Assist with audit coordination for audits associated with Mozambique operations
- Perform FCPA Form A and B reconciliations
- Reconcile General Ledger reconciliations for assigned Accounts
- Prepare quarterly reviews and submission of the cost recovery statement
- Control the execution and updated to assigned Capital Budgets line items
- Maintain current all assigned obligations in the compliance tracker
- Perform ad-doc analysis
- Work with personnel across multi-disciplines to obtain answers to auditor queries
Bachelor Degree in Commerce, Auditing, Tax or Accounting is required. CIMA, ACCA or related finance qualification will be advantageous
Travel will be required up to 10%.
This position is on a 40 hour / week schedule Monday – Friday.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and / or employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee’s and applicant’s disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Job Location: Maputo, Mozambique