13 Maio, 2019
The WASH Specialist reports to the WASH Manager (Level 4) for guidance and general supervision. The Specialist supports the development, preparation, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the WASH programme within the country programme. The Specialist provides technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes, to facilitate the administration and achievement of the WASH-related output results in the country programme.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Hygiene
How can you make a difference?
Summary Of Key Functions/accountabilities
Programme development and planning, with focus on humanitarian WASHProgramme management, monitoring and delivery of results, with focus on humanitarian WASHTechnical and operational support for programme implementation, with focus on humanitarian WASH monitoring and evaluation.Humanitarian WASH preparedness and responseNetworking and partnership building, with focus on humanitarian WASHInnovation, knowledge management and capacity building, with focus on humanitarian WASH
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: public health, social sciences, behavior change communication, engineering or another relevant technical field. Additional relevant post-graduate courses that complement/supplement the main degree are a strong asset.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in WASH-related programmes for developing countries is required. ( For the WASH Officer (Monitoring) the direct experience in WASH M&E is required).
- Experience and knowledge of humanitarian WASH preferred.
- At least one three-month deployment mission in a humanitarian situation (with UN-Govt-INGO) is preferred.
- Fluency in Portuguese and working level of English required.
For more information, please consult the ToRs attached.
TOR – WASH Officer-Monitoring – IDAI- NOB-Maputo based.doc ToR – WASH Officer -IDAI -NOB_Maputo.doc
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are….
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Closing Date: 2019-05-16