PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Facilities Engineers will be responsible for providing support on problem solving, root cause analyses, initiation and execution of improvement project to Sasol Petroleum Temane Operations as defined on a day to day basis by the Technical Manager and or Operation Manager.
Plant support: provide day-to-day technical assistance to production department and laboratory
- Identification of opportunities and optimize the process and production equipment at SPT Asset
- Initiation and execution of improvement projects and initiatives to promote facility, process and production equipment efficiency, reliability and integrity at SPT
- Coordinate and execute problem solving and root cause analyses to technical deviations and challenge at CPF operation
- Execute and ensure asset integrity throughout the production value: Flow lines and Processing Facility
- Create and maintain knowledge management system for SPT
- Run process and operation models of plant with ASPEN, Hysys and other systems
- Engineering Management: manage engineering on improvement projects through their whole life cycle
- Assist SHE Department with technical support & reporting to improve water, effluent and gas emission specification
- Assist SHE and Environments with providing plant data and writing of Environmental Reports
- PSI (process safety information) – Custodian, and responsible for keeping latest up to date P&IDs, PFDs, data sheets, underground drawings for flow lines and processing plant
- PHA (process hazard analyses) – involved to supply necessary information and input into PHA analysis during annual/bi-annual audits
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- BSc. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related engineering discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in optimization of manufacturing processes and related disciplines
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in technical management, engineering, optimization, projects and operations
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
Leadership and behavioural
- Shapes business strategy
- Drives accountability and high performance
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration
- Leverages diversity and inclusion
- Persuades and influences stakeholders; builds relationships and partnerships for win-win outcomes.
- Builds Teams and creates synergies through working across boundaries.
- Demonstrates commercial acumen, a global mind-set and exercises sound judgement.
- Achieves results through others and holds them accountable.
Functional / Technical
- Track record in project feasibility, front-end engineering design, detailed engineering design and project execution in the oil & gas business.
- Track record in the development of conceptual design for E&P Development Projects, including the identification and definition of the phased investment program required to fully exploit an oil or gas resource.
- Experienced with working as a team together with other upstream oil & gas disciplines such as exploration, geology, petroleum engineering, reservoir engineering and drilling.
- An understanding of the contributions and roles & responsibilities made by the other upstream oil & gas disciplines such as exploration, geology, petroleum engineering, reservoir engineering and drilling
- Experience in optimization of upstream operations and projects of oil and gas production facilities
- Knowledge of engineering codes and standards relevant to the E&P industry
- Experience in offshore projects (fixed, floating and subsea) will be advantageous
- Experience in unconventional gas development (Shale and Coal-Bed Methane/Coal-Seam Gas) will be advantageous
- Experience and track record of the management of engineering service providers (consultancies and engineering contractors)
- Track record in cost, schedule and quality control, including CAPEX and OPEX estimation
- Willingness to make international business trips and the ability to work overseas for extended periods
- Fluent in English and Portuguese.
Closing date: 30 May 2019