24 Maio, 2019
To ensure that Vodafone M-Pesa is conducting its business in full compliance with all laws, regulations and Group and local policies.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Regulatory Compliance: Identify applicable Mozambican laws and regulations related to Financial Institutions (including but not limited to Financial Laws) and ensure Vodafone M-Pesa is compliant where applicable. Record compliance in a compliance matrix;
- Deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer: Deputise for the MLRO in his role in leading M-Pesa’s anti money laundering (AML) and counter terrorist financing (CTF) programme;
- Risk Officer: Perform the role of appointed Risk Officer for Vodafone M-Pesa, and fulfil the obligations of this role in terms of Vodacom Group Risk Management Committee, Business Continuity and Policy Compliance requirements;
- Overall compliance programme: perform the role of the M-Pesa Compliance Officer and ensure compliance with the Group M-Pesa Policy, the code of conduct for mobile money providers, internal audits recommendation;
- Audit: Coordinate internal audit reviews and Central Bank inspections and track remediation actions identified.
Key performance indicators:
- Good relationship with the Regulator;
- Results of regulatory onsite and offsite inspections;
- Audit grading and issue tracking deadlines.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Law or related field (relevant to the compliance field);
- Certification in AML and/or Compliance is an advantage.
- Experienced AML professional with 5 or more years in a compliance or related field;
- Knowledge of telecommunications is an advantage;
- Quality Assurance/Audit experience.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Detailed knowledge of money laundering techniques, legislation and regulations;
- Keen mind and positive outlook;
- Thorough in work with a high level of attention to detail;
- Highly developed knowledge of techniques to identify indicators of terrorist funding and money laundering;
- High degree of personal integrity.
Location: Edificio Vodacom Rua dos Desportistas, Numero 649 Maputo
Job Type : Full-timeEmployment
Type : Permanent
Closing Date : 29-May-19, 11:59:00 PM