To design, implement, manage and where necessary adjust quality day-to-day clinical and non-clinical medical services as an integral part of delivering a health care service/programme to E&PI.
- The incumbent develop and change internal health procedures, standards and treatment protocols to enable respective health care providers to deliver medical services according to business requirements and industry best practices by implementing revised verification processes ensuring successful implementation of these protocols.
- He / she interprets consolidated information from data and present possible improvement interventions and solutions to the health manager for consideration.
- He/ she ensures successful and efficient resource deployment, identify resource constraints and implement processes / systems and strategies for efficient and effective service delivery, inclusive of developing medical asset verification, maintenance and replacement strategies.
- The incumbent shall provide professional Primary, Occupational and Emergency Medical Care in accordance with internationally accepted medical protocols.
- Provide technical expert knowledge, guidance and coordination with regard to ongoing planning, synchronizing, sustaining and improving of the broad spectrum of Occupational Hygiene for the SPT, in managing health risk impacts which aims to ensure a healthy and productive workforce in accordance with the one Sasol SHE Excellence Approach.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Medical Degree (M.B.ChB) and registration with Mozambican Medical Council
- Post graduate qualification in Occupational Health
- ACLS and/or ITLS
- Project Management certification will be an advantage
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
Leadership and behavioral
- Builds capability and leverages diversity for competitive advantage.
- Builds Teams and creates synergies through working across boundaries.
- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
- Demonstrates commercial acumen, a global mind-set and exercises sound judgement.
- Manage operations knowledge by transforming, packaging, transferring and maintaining operations knowledge.
- Contribute in the translation and execution of the business strategy; objectives and plan into action for employees.
- Cascade operational goals and long-term plans through effective two-way communication in the organization.
- Develop and implement the production visions for the plant.
- Ensure that vision, values and business direction are embraced by the team.
Functional / Technical
- 10 years of total work experience in Medicine with focus in Occupational Health in a relevant industry, managing health risks and ensure productive workforce.
- Proof of experience and competence in Emergency Medicine
- Experience in Oil and Gas industry
- Fluent communication in English and Portuguese
Applications: To apply please access to http://www.sasol.com/careers/experienced-professionals/current-opportunities , and click in Africa, United States and International – view jobs – select action) e select “SHE OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH MANAGER”. CV’s must be in English.