3 Junho, 2019
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Our Mozal Aluminium operation is the largest industrial employer in Mozambique and is made up of a smelter and transport infrastructure.
The purpose of this role is to supervise the execution of production activities undertaken by front line operational personnel in line with the production plan and targets for HSEC, Cost, Volume and Quality
Reporting to the Superintendent, your responsibilities are;
- To supervise the execution of the production plan to achieve established KPI targets at a shift level;
- Ensure production execution activities are conducted safely;
- Provide input into production strategies, budgets, plans as well as the improvement of work management processes;
- Supervise the operation of process control systems and shutdown activities;
- Provide day to day leadership, expertise, guidance and coaching to the production team members;
- Promote culture of continuous improvement while ensuring that area specific risk management strategies and the associated critical controls methods are applied.
Serious contenders will have a Degree in Engineering and other technical fields with 4 to 6 years’ experience working in a production/process role that includes 2 years in a leadership role. Demonstrate proficiency in written and spoken English
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.