Area Manager Security
17 Junho, 2019
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
|Identify and assess internal and external security risks to develop the security operational plans and ensure effective implementation, execution and management thereof. To ensure adequate security support for the CPF, Wells sites, Nhamacunda housing complex, Well Delivery Logistics base camps and all exploration and drilling projects in Mozambique.|
- Ensure service provider understanding and compliance to relevant security, safety, Sasol codes of practices and standards.
- Relevant documentation, industry and statutory registrations are managed effectively to ensure sustainable operations.
- Compliance achievement and best practices implemented for relevant security and safety standards and codes of practice.
- To provide feedback to management and relevant stakeholders on the Security cost operating model and new projects and initiatives.
- To balance financial and security operational objectives to ensure cost effective security service provision.
- To manage and track the expenditure of the security capital and operational budget.
- Function as a manager of the Security Services to manage the security operational program and priorities.
- Execute and update the Security operational plan for SPT and Projects
- Manage performance of Sasol and Security Service Provider Personnel to ensure compliance with agreed KPI targets, Service Level Commitments and Customer expectations.
- Provide leadership and management to the Security Service Providers.
- Balance short term security services need with day to day operational needs.
- Maintain and expand security infra-structure (security control Centre, security fencing, security surveillance technology, etc.) in support of security services.
- Ensure the safe and effective provision of security services.
- Proactively identify external and internal security risks that will impact SPT business in the short, medium and long term and implement appropriate mitigation.
- Create a vibrant security service environment for continuous learning and improvement.
- Recognize and implement successful ideas and improvement initiatives by teams.
- Implement and execute the Security operational plan for SPT/Projects to ensure Security preparedness by utilizing technology as a force multiplier and improving the tactical capacity
- Communicate relevant Security Industry and regulatory trends and information to team, service providers and customer base.
- Manage customer relationships with SPT/Projects to ensure awareness and transfer of information on security risks and crime prevention initiatives.
- Establish and maintain relationships and collaborate with other industry peers and stake holders in the Security Industry and sharing of best practices with Law enforcement and state security agencies.
- Ensuring professional working relationships with relevant stakeholders on site and surrounding communities.
- Negotiate deliverables, developing service level commitments and achievement of targets.
- Maintain a Security awareness program to inform and educate employees regarding security risks and mitigation.
- Ensure proper ongoing development for service provider Security personnel.
- Ensure that key critical talent is developed and retained.
- Ensure competency to relevant statutory security bodies and other security training standards.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Recognized Security degree or diploma or equivalent qualification
- Statutory Security Bodies accreditation or relevant law
- enforcement training AND5 to 7 years total Security \ relevant
- experience of which 3 years in supervisory or senior role Driver license with proven driving experience
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
Leadership and behavioral
- Builds capability and leverages diversity for competitive advantage.
- Builds Teams and creates synergies through working across boundaries.
- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
- Demonstrates commercial acumen, a global mind-set and exercises sound judgement.
- Achieves results through others and holds them accountable.
- Provides vision and direction aligned to One Sasol.
- Leads organisational change, innovation and sustainability.
- Ensure that self and team achieve development objectives.
- Translate and cascade operational goals and long-term plans through effective two-way communication in the organization.
- Manage multi-level interfaces and integrate effectively. Interact with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage operations knowledge by transforming, packaging, transferring and maintaining operations knowledge.
- Contribute in the translation and execution of the business strategy; objectives and plan into action for employees.
- Cascade operational goals and long-term plans through effective two-way communication in the organization.
- Develop and implement the production visions for the plant.
- Ensure that vision, values and business direction are embraced by the team.
Functional / Technical
- Daily direct reporting to Security Manager: SEPI on Security Services performance and service delivery.
- Liaise with relevant governmental and provincial bodies regarding legislative compliance and standards affecting Sasol.
- Engage with internal business units regarding Sasol compliance and standards.
- Daily communication with Security Service Provider personnel to manage and direct service delivery.
- Daily interface with other stake holders to co-ordinate interdependencies.
- Communicate with all CPF site management, Well Delivery and other stakeholders on services required.
- Fluent in English and Portuguese.
Closing date: 26 June 2019