5 Julho, 2019
EXPLORATION AND PRODUCTION INTERNATIONAL (E&PI)
Sasol Exploration and Production International (SEPI) develops and manages the group’s upstream interests in oil and gas exploration and production in Mozambique, South Africa, Canada, Gabon and Australia. SEPI is driving the development of Sasol’s upstream business to allow the group to meet its strategic objective of accelerating the growth of its proprietary gas-to-liquid (GTL) technology. In recent years we have taken a number of steps to expand our global upstream portfolio, encouraged by the global abundance of natural gas and the rapid development of the shale gas industry, as well as the lower carbon intensity of natural gas.
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Asset Manager: Mozambique’s primary role is to represent Sasol’s producing assets (currently PPA) interest in Mozambique. Furthermore the incumbent liaises and coordinates the translation of business planning initiatives into an integrated set of executable activities for the PPA and other E&P licenses in the Mozambique Basin (pipeline catchment area). The optimal outcome is to ensure that all planned activities are sufficiently detailed to enable safe and efficient execution, and that integration is clear and well understood. The Asset Manager will also oversee the Sales and Operations Plan (SOP) activities to ensure that commercial agreements are met to maximise value and manage all key relations with the producing asset partners and the regulator. In support to the VP: Mozambique Operations, the Asset Manager may also be required to represent Sasol with key external stakeholders in Mozambique as well as manage key internal interfaces with other E&PI assets and Sasol business units. The Asset Manager will be the primary focal point for compiling/developing the Annual Operations and Business Plan for the producing assets (including coordinating production, CAPEX and cash fixed cost forecasts)
Responsible for the delivery of PPA business objectives and targets
- Ensures that the PPA business contributes (according to Investment decision economics or higher) to E&PI profitability targets by establishing credible and sustainable markets for all PPA products
- Ensures value is maximised for all established production contracts
- Ensures delivery of the Plateau Extension Program (PEP)
License and Stakeholder Management
- Ensures relationships are established and managed effectively in order to ensure that:
- All license management objectives are achieved,
- marketing and egress activities are executed with the right quality and within required timeframes, and
- all benefits (cost recovery) and obligations (TCM / MCM / key reporting cycles / Annual Work program and budget) related to the business and contractual relationships established with key stakeholders, UJV Partners and Regulators are executed effectively.
Serves as focal point for PPA business integration, coordination and handling of business/functional matters and report on matters to the VP Mozambique Operations and functional heads
- Ensures smooth implementation of cross functional activities that impact the PPA business with minimal involvement of the VP Mozambique Operations and the functional leaders.
- Ensures communication to relevant downstream Sasol operations to promote integrated value chain revenue maximisation
Ensures all relevant functional business inputs are received and managed to enable effective license and business management
- Defines input and delivery requirements for the commercial, economics / investment analysis and legal functional specialists
- Manages commercial, economics / investment analysis, marketing, planning and legal functional specialists dedicated to the PPA
- Identifies and drives the effective implementation of corrective actions in case deviations from plan are identified
Oversees the gas marketing function for the Mozambique Basin producing assets
- Ensures facilitation of the multi-disciplinary meetings (and tracking the resultant action plans) on the evolving reserve maturation view and the impact on the supply-side.
- Accountable for marketing and egress arrangements related to the products of the asset.
- Accountable for the combined supply and demand forecast picture for E&PI. Key interface with the Group P&O function and Sasol Energy (Sasol Gas) as key off-taker.
- Accountable for adherence to major Commercial Agreements.
Coordinates special projects identified by VP Mozambique Operations and/or E&PI.
- Takes the lead in framing all projects under the VP Mozambique Operations and manages business track activities in those projects
Coordinates annual business and operations plans
- Gets input from the relevant sources to compile coherent annual operations plans (activity plans), Capital (Capex) and Cash Fixed Cost (Opex) requirements.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree: Engineering, Science, Mathematics or Commerce related
- Preferred: Post Graduate Business Qualification, e.g. MBA
Required relevant experience:
- Minimum 13 years’ experience in two or more of the following areas: operations, technical, business development, financial, commercial
- Knowledge of E&PI and/or petrochemical industry
- Knowledge of Sasol’s operating model and key stakeholders for business development in Mozambique
- Knowledge of Mozambique operations and key stakeholders
- Strategy interpretation and translation into key business plans for the short and medium term
- Budget planning and business performance measures/analysis/tracking
- Understanding of and willingness to work in a matrix organisation
- Portuguese language ability would be preferred
- Understanding of and willingness to work in a matrix organisation
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Authentically and inclusively engages people to follow and leads culture transformation
- Builds capability and leverages diversity for competitive advantage
- Persuades and influences stakeholders, builds relationships and partnerships for win-win outcomes
- Builds Teams and creates synergies through working across boundaries
- Demonstrates commercial acumen, a global mindset and exercises sound judgment
- Achieves results through others and holds them accountable
- Leads organizational change, innovation and sustainability
- Continuously develop self
- Ambassador for living the Sasol Values
- Communication and networking skills, influencing
- Project / Programme planning and management skills
- Stakeholder management skills
- Leadership skills
- Conceptual and practical management skills
- Safety Culture skills
- Problem Solving skills.
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void. All CV’s are to be in English.