15 Julho, 2019
Anadarko Mozambique Area 1 (AMA1) a senior staff accountant to be based in Maputo that will report to an Accounting Manager. This position will focus on maintaining books of accounts of AMA1 and its subsidiaries according to multiple accounting standards (US GAAP, IFRS and MOZ-IFRS), accuracy of financial statements (standalone and consolidated), effectiveness of internal controls and compliance with contractual requirements, dealing with complex issues (e.g. financial instruments, revenue recognition etc.) and identifying opportunities to improve performance. AMA1 has six subsidiaries operating in Mozambique, UAE and Singapore.
- Ensure contract compliance, including Exploration & Production Concession Contract (EPCC), Joint Operating Agreement (JOA) and Shareholder Agreement (SHA).
- Work with independent auditors to prepare audited financial statements of AMA1 and its subsidiaries.
- Review balance sheet accounts reconciliation of AMA1 and its subsidiaries.
- Various month-end close duties, including review journal entries, cost allocation, AUC and final settlement, equity pick-up for investments in five subsidiaries, revaluation and trial balance variance analysis.
- Maintain parallel ledger under US GAAP and MOZ-IFRS.Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and IFRS
- 5 years’ work experience in oil and gas industry is preferred
- Experience with SAP is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Desire to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability and willingness to multi-task and commit to support the project
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills Travel RequirementsMinimal travel will be required but could involve occasional trips to Northern Mozambique, The Woodlands, UAE or Singapore Work ScheduleThis position will have a 5/40 work schedule
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and / or employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee’s and applicant’s disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following ‘Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law’ Poster.
Job Location: Maputo, Mozambique