2 Agosto, 2019
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is one of the largest independent oil and gas exploration and production companies, with corporate offices in The Woodlands, Texas. Anadarko’s mission is to deliver a competitive and sustainable rate of return to Shareholders by developing, acquiring and exploring for oil and gas resources vital to the world’s health and welfare.
The Subsea Operations Manager will be based in the Houston Woodlands office during the detailed engineering phase of the project and in Mozambique LNG site during the pre-commissioning and commissioning phases. The position reports directly to the MzLNG General Manager Operations.
During the detailed engineering phase, the incumbent will provide technical operational input to the onshore and offshore project teams to ensure smooth hand over of the subsea facilities are in line with the Operations Readiness program. Once operational, the key accountabilities include oversight for the team’s efficient operation and maintenance of the subsea system supporting LNG plant production requirements and reservoir management requirements.Develop the supporting organization to the Subsea Operations Manager with a defined timeline, roles, and responsibilities.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of fifteen (15) or more years’ experience in Oil and Gas offshore operations and ten (10) or more years’ experience in subsea operations. Specific experience and expertise in the following are required:
- Experience with subsea operations, associated equipment classes, and corresponding risks from a technical and practical standpoint;
- Experience with operational subsea integrity management through IRM, delivery, and optimization. A sound appreciation of inspection, repair and maintenance activities and techniques. Familiar with project/developments/operations and typical oil company processes;
- Experience with gas fields MEG hydrate inhibition operations;
- Experience specifying and managing offshore light construction vessels;
- Experience in managing chemical contracts and chemical management plan;
- Knowledge and experience in development and management of subsea surveillance plan;
- An experienced leader with a proven capability of effective management of a team of highly motivated and skilled subsea engineers to maintain an essential and valuable resource for the business;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, Gulf of Mexico and/or international industry & regulatory standards, and best practices as it relates to offshore subsea field operations.
This position will be situated in the project team office in the Woodlands for up to 24months.
- Provide operations technical input to the Mozambique subsea project including supporting the project development process with discipline peer reviews;
- Understand subsea chemical needs, and establish and manage chemical contracts with suppliers and develop a plan for chemical management;
- Develop a subsea surveillance plan (including pigging program and online monitoring system) for operations, asset integrity, and management;
- Develop an asset integrity management program (including risk-based and opportunistic strategies as well as the subsea sparing plan) to be used during the operations phase;
- Development of subsea pipeline and diving long-term strategies;
- Develop Subsea Operating Procedures;
- Develop SIMOP’s procedures with onshore LNG operation;
- Develop operational emergency procedures;
- Ensure all key support contracts are identified and are put into place.
- Implement subsea surveillance plan and asset integrity program (including online monitoring, pigging, and chemical optimization program) developed during the EPC phase;
- Responsible for operating to the asset integrity management standards set and ensuring compliance, delivery, and reporting;
- Responsible for the inspection, repair, and maintenance for all subsea equipment including trees and SCSSVs, flow-lines, gathering manifolds, pipelines, and all subsea control systems;
- Responsible for preparation of annual work plans and budgets for activities associated with subsea facilities inspection, repair and maintenance (spend, resources, schedule, logistics) and delivering plan against the budget;
- Responsible for the optimization of subsea IRM strategies with demonstrable improvements and value add to the assets;
- Critical spares, holding, optimization (both internally and vendor help) and preservation requirements in compliance;
- Responsible for implementation and management of offshore chemicals according to the plan developed during the EPC phase;
- Accountable for the Technical Authority for subsea facilities;
- Manage operational support vessel;
- Manage any external support organizations for effective and efficient delivery of support services. This includes a healthy challenge to the scope of works and cost, time & resource estimates ensuring maximum value;
- Support field expansion tie-backs;
- Work with the subsurface group for optimizing field depletion plans;
- Interface with field unitization partners;
- Manage future planned compression floating facilities operation and supporting logistics;
- Interface with LNG plant operations and port authority.
- Petroleum, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering degree
Fluent oral and written knowledge of English.
Apply For This Job
To apply for this job please visit chj.tbe.taleo.net.
EPC/EPCI detailed engineering phase, the candidate will be based out of Houston with travel between the EPC and EPCI engineering and equipment manufacturing locations.
Pre-commissioning/Commissioning, the candidate will work on a scheduled basis from the Afungi construction site.