2 Agosto, 2019
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is one of the largest independent oil and gas exploration and production companies, with corporate offices in The Woodlands, Texas. Anadarko’s mission is to deliver a competitive and sustainable rate of return to Shareholders by developing, acquiring and exploring for oil and gas resources vital to the world’s health and welfare.
The Training Manager will be initially based in Anadarko’s corporate headquarters in the Milan, Italy or other project work locations as required. The Training Manager will be on rotation in Afungi Mozambique during the operations phase of the project. The position reports directly to the Asset Manager.The Training Manager is accountable for the development and on-going management of the Operations training program.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of ten (10) or more years’ experience in Oil and Gas operations and five (5) or more years’ experience in LNG operations. Specific experience and expertise in the following is required:
- Oversees training programs that include web-based seminars, printed manuals, group sessions, training videos, and more;
- Determines training needs and requirements for an organization or group by meeting with managers, talking with employees, or administering surveys;
- Reviews existing training materials produced by third parties to determine appropriateness and relevance;
- Modifies or creates course materials and training manuals to meet specific training needs;
- Presents in-person and online training sessions or hires qualified personnel to do so;
- Schedules training sessions, organizes information technology and other equipment, and manages course enrolment;
- Monitors training programs and manuals to ensure that they are effective and up-to-date and makes updates as necessary;
- Works with managers to address learning issues, instruction problems, or new educational needs regarding specific employees or departments;
- Manages costs for all programmes, productions, and publications in order to report to organisation executives regarding a return on investment;
- Maintains understanding of new educational and training techniques and methods.
- Provide leadership in the implementation of Health, Safety and Environmental Management System and Standards;
- Lead emergency response activities;
- Identify Health, Safety and Environmental (HS&E) hazards, assess and control risks and continually enhance and develop the HS&E program;
- Adhere to and enforce all applicable safety, environmental, security, compliance, quality standards and procedures established by Company, Client, local policies, laws and regulations;
- Willingness and ability to serve as a member of the emergency response team when needed;
- Establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with field operations, technical peers and management;
- Coordinate work activities amongst all training resources;
- Generate detailed work records and handover notes to facilitate proper communications between work crews;
- Plan, schedule and execute work activities in a cost effective manner;
- Provide guidance for Company and contract personnel in planning daily activities on a routine basis;
- Provide technical expertise as needed and mentor and teach others skills necessary to maintain and operate equipment;
- Resolve issues independently and escalate complicated issues to a higher level;
- Planning and scheduling with the various crafts for routine repairs and maintenance;
- May be required to perform duties at next level of supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
Fluent oral and written knowledge of English is required.
Apply For This Job
To apply for this job please visit chj.tbe.taleo.net.
During the operations phase, this position will be on a 28/28 rotation, 12 hour shifts to Afungi, Mozambique.