PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Purpose of the role is to provide technical support and direction in the areas of power systems, electrical control and monitoring, failure analysis, electrical engineering, small projects development and support, performance management and competence development for electrical team.
- Provide training and direction to electrical team
- Develop and Maintain Electrical Operation & Maintenance Procedures
- Conduct power systems risk assessments.
- Provide technical support to ensure that the technical ability of Electrical Team meets operating intent, whilst establishing and governing electrical engineering standards.
- Ensure installed assets are being operated reliably with the focus on a site wide holistic approach.
- Provide Engineering solutions to improve / maintain the application of technology to optimize the production plant capability
- Manage the Electrical design function to ensure that projects deliver on their business and technical intent and to govern technical standards and relevant legislation across the oil and gas business
- Carry out bid engineering support and prepare technical bid packages for power systems.
- Develop Cost-Time Resource (CTRs) and Major Deliverables Register (MDR) and furnish weekly/monthly progress report (including concerns) for the project/department/management.
- Execute detailed engineering design and construction/installation support engineering or follow-on engineering, Procurement support, etc.
- Prepare technical requisitions, datasheets, specifications, technical bid evaluation, vendor data review, technical clarifications, inspection and test plans, Criticality rating for plant and other as procurement support engineering.
- Inputting/transferring data to the GIS administrator and SAP administrator and Quality control of data input/output of cathode protection system
- Conducting a cost/benefit analysis if it is deemed necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Work experience of 5 years in electrical engineering preferably within the related industry.
COMPETENCIES AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Detailed knowledge in defined fields of electrical engineering (e.g. electrical network modelling & analysis, selection of equipment for use in hazardous areas, transformers, switchgear, motors, VSDs, protection, etc.)
- Ability to formulate and execute (manage and do) the electrical engineering scope for small multidisciplinary and single disciplinary projects, relating to the defined fields in electrical engineering.
- Depth knowledge in integration of electrical network and equipment necessities with regards to process requirements
- Critical evaluation on definition of problem statements and opportunities in the electrical fraternity
- Ability to set criteria for specific electrical maintenance strategies from the specifications/standards and OEM requirements – evaluate and improve on continuous basis according to the asset management model
- Good leadership, planning, organizing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a team
- Ability and willingness to meet agreed deadlines
- Well-developed report writing skills
- English spoken, written and working language
Women are encouraged to apply.
Applications: To apply please access to http://www.sasol.com/careers/experienced-professionals/current-opportunities , and click in Africa, United States and International – view jobs – select action) e select “Electrical Engineer”. Applications close on 30 November 2019. CV’s must be in English.