6 Dezembro, 2019
To ensure the implementation of assigned projects is in compliance and adherence with Oxfam Financial Reporting, guidelines and procedures and within donor requirements.
Program Reporting and Management 25%
• Provides regular management information on the financial status of the assigned program funding arrangements, including the preparation of the monthly funding report and analysis;
• Reviews program grant budgets, activity plans and partnership agreements regularly to ensure compliance with Organization requirements, policies and procedures;
• Ensures that the program reporting deadlines are met and that reports ;
• Monitors for the assigned partner that the program is implemented within budget, conform donor contract, in a cost effective and efficient way and that reporting adheres to Organization requirements;
• Leads in financial monitoring compliance with Oorganization’s contract management policies and procedures through setting up and implementing appropriate systems and tools, and report exceptions;
• Checks and appraises the financial aspects of specific projects on internal and external risks and opportunities; communicates on the findings with the PM and /or PC and counterparts, and makes proposal on the (method of) financing;
• Manages and timely updates the project information in SAP;
• Prepares and consolidates donor financial reports;
• Monitors project expenditure and activity and reports about deviations and comes with pro-active solutions to prevent and act upon under and over expenditures;
• Is compliant with Organization financial and administrative policies and requirements, donor specific requirements, country accounting principles.
Donor Reporting and Management: 25%
• Provides financial advice and figures for the development of donor proposals, budget submissions and other necessary activities to secure funding for program objectives;
• Prepares, organize and provide input to Audits and external evaluations/finance assessment as part of the Finance systems in place;
• Draws up the budget for (externally funded) project proposals on the basis of the intended project activities. When a project is approved: prepares the financial management reports in line with the standards of the back-donor(s), including a (first) analysis, and submits them to the project leader for his/her approval.
Partner Management and Capacity Building: 50%
• Develops and implements a detailed plan for building the business services capacity of partner organizations, specifically related to financial and funding management procedures. This will include needs assessment, capacity building approach and delivery plan including tools and methodologies, performance standards, and evaluation approach;
• Provides on job training, coaching and capacity building to partner organizations to develop Finance and business support expertise;
• Ensure that partner organizations work in accordance with agreed Organization acceptable standards and objectives/priorities;
• Conduct regular performance assessments and reviews of partner organizations, including undertaking audits, to ensure that the capacity building program is delivering agreed results, making necessary adjustments as circumstances change;
• Initiates regular meetings with partner organizations to ensure that the working relationship between them and Organization is positive, open and conducive to the successful achievement of agreed objectives;
• Conducts regular monitoring visits to partner organizations to fully understand the context and operating environment to ensure that timely effective support is provided, reports on deviations to management;
• Ensure partner related documentation is properly filed both physical and electronically;
• Adapt and maintain for each partner organization an effective partner grants and reports monitoring system, ensuring adherence to Oxfam policies and procedures on partner management;
• Checks and appraises the financial reports and audits of counterparts; communicates on the findings with the PM and /or PC and counterparts, and where necessary makes proposals for follow-up;
• Checks and appraises together with the programme officer the organizational structure, the (financial administrative) capacity and the used management systems of the counterparts. If necessary, makes proposals to counterparts and/or works out ideas for their improvement and strengthening;
• Contributes to the drawing up and implementation of the annual (partner) contract, and makes proposals for approval and spending targets. Monitors periodically the approvals, spending and performance at country level and revises the (financial) planning where necessary. Records this in the management information systems.
Relevant academic degree in financial management, commerce, economics or related field.
• Significant knowledge and experience of all core financial management activities, including accounts payable, accounts receivables, cash management, budget development, statutory requirements (particularly related to Mozambican standards).
• Good knowledge and experience of managing donor grants or donor funded programmes;
• Ability to prioritize work issues to meet deadlines with minimal supervision and adjust to constantly changing situations while maintaining focus on delivery and follow-through;
• Ability to identify financial risks, use proactive approach to identifying and resolving problems and suggesting improvements that continuously seek to provide a better service to Organization. Strong attention to detail.
Send Cv to firstname.lastname@example.org