Role purpose: Working as a Business Analyst within the M-Pesa Delivery team, you will be bridging the gap between the business owners and the technical teams by translating new product initiatives/ideas in to technical solutions. You will be expected to engage with a wider range of stakeholders (including Business Owners, Project Managers, Solutions Architects, Technical Writers, technology partners and members of the Agile squad you will be assigned to) and build technology solutions that address our customer’s needs.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Support Portfolio Manager/Product Owner: Lending in all research, scoping, analysis and design activities;
- Support business owner in the formulation of new initiatives/product concepts by identifying the different needs required to fulfil on the desired strategic and tactical goals, determining potential problems and business/systems requirements;
- Work with the relevant stakeholders and departments to create and document the business case for the new initiatives;
- Document and manage the requirements throughout the project life cycle by capturing user stories, business requirement; specifications and ensuring buy-in and sign-off from the different stakeholders;
- Work with the Solutions architect and partner providers to design the best solution and ensure what is implemented is technically sounds and meets all business needs;
- Have technical accountability and lead virtual and local teams responsible for the detailed design, development, delivery and test of complex customer solutions (providing assurance and governance for technical components of the solution);
Key performance indicators :
- Does the delivered solution meet the Company’s quality standards?
- Were the assigned tasks delivered on time?
- Does the delivered solution meet business and technical requirements?
- Were the business/customer needs met?
- Does the technical solution follow Vodafone Group’s and the Industries’ best practices?
- Is the solution easily scalable and configurable?
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
· A minimum of five (5) years Business Analysis experience (essential) with exposure to:
o Product development
o Creation of:
§ User stories and
§ Business requirement specifications
§ Business/Operating models
§ Testing experience
§ Project Management
· Financial services experience;
· A desire to make a difference and a proven willingness for continuous learning;
· Ability to challenge conventional thinking;
· Ability to succinctly tell a story and influence stakeholders;
· Fluent in English and Portuguese (essential);
· Experience with the Open Business Architecture (O-BA) Standard or other Business Analysis methodologies (preferred);
· Experience in negotiating and working with vendors/partners (essential);
· A problem solving mind-set utilizing technology.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Degree in IT / Business / engineering (essential);
- Post-graduation in Business or Management (desirable);
- Certification in Business Analysis (desirable).
Location: Edificio Vodacom Rua dos Desportistas, Numero 649 Maputo
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent.
Closing Date: 20-Dec-19, 1:59:00 PM