10 Fevereiro, 2020
Coca-Cola Beverages Africa is the largest African Coca-Cola bottler, accounting for 40% of all Coca-Cola volumes on the continent. CCBA is a market leader in the NARTD (non-alcoholic ready to drink market) in Africa. Coca-Cola Beverages Mozambique has an exciting opportunity in our Manufacturing department. We are looking for talented individual with relevant skills and experience for a Team Leader SHEQ role, which is based in our plant in Nampula. The successful candidate will report directly to the Regional Manufacturing Manager. KEY PURPOSE To manage the total SHEQ function in the relevant plant in order to ensure full compliance with all local, BP and KO requirements related to quality, health, safety and the environment.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. Understand Business Strategic Priorities and Business Processes • Monitor and report on SHEQ Goals and Objectives with Business Strategic Objectives
• Report on KPI’s aligned with internal Management, CCBA and Coca-Cola Requirements (reporting systems to include all Quality, Safety, Environmental and Sustainability parameters such as water usage, energy usage, plant waste and recycling).
• Ensure Corrective Action Plans are in place to correct and improve on KPI’s 2. Ensure Product and Package Quality meets legal, internal CCBA and Coca-Cola Requirements
• Ensure that Product and Package Quality standards are monitored and controlled for Mineral Water plants according to legal, internal and Coca-Cola Requirements.
• Ensure that ingredients and package quality is monitored and controlled to agreed standards for all internal products.
• Ensure Good Laboratory Practices are implemented in Nampula laboratory and that all consumables are managed and stocked accordingly. • Ensure that Laboratory Equipment is Serviced, Maintained, Calibrated and Verified as per agreed standards.
• Ensure Process Capability programs are implemented, monitored and reviewed by all relevant QA, Engineering and Production departments on agreed frequencies.
• Leads implementation of Quality at Source in Nampula plant and develop Quality Assurance functionality. 3. Manage Integrated SHEQ systems for the whole operation
• Implement and maintain a documented management system that includes all Quality, Food Safety, Occupational Health and Safety as well as Environmental requirements.
• Ensure that all validation requirements for new processes and equipment are followed as per agreed protocols.
• Support implementation of Supply Chain Way Systems and ensure that the SHEQ team is actively involved in the Safety, Quality and 5S pillars and Improvement projects as required. 4. Initiate and Facilitate Continuous Improvement for SHEQ and Sustainability
• Ensure continuous improvement programs for Quality Process Capability is established.
• Facilitate technical problem solving regarding quality issues
• Ensure that Improvement processes are in place to improve water and energy usage as well as waste and recycling. 5. Manage Cost plans and Costs • Implement and manage the cost plans
• Ensure that quotations are available in time to update Rolling Estimates for consumables
• Ensure that all laboratory CAPEX requirements are communicated and planned for in the annual budget process according to the Standard lab list. 6. Manage Human Resources
• Manage the development of staff competencies
• Ensure a healthy ER climate
• Manage own performance in a way that shapes a high performance, high engagement culture.
• Manage performance of others in a way that shapes a high performance, high engagement culture.
• Demonstrate behavior which builds, maintains or enhances company reputation. 7. Deliver Excellence in Customer Service
• Identify and communicate customer needs and expectations
• Build effective relations with internal and external customers.
Skills, Experience & Education
• Agile in thinking and nimble in decision making
• Adept at discerning and balancing the most important priorities (simplifies complexity)
• Simplifies the decision making process for self and others
• Efficiently applies rigor and operating discipline to ensure decisions are made on a timely basis
• Exhibits high level of commercial pragmatism and prudent commercial judgment
• Thrives in ambiguity and effectively applies sound intuition/judgment
• Assesses and makes clear trade-offs when making critical decisions
• Applies a broad base of knowledge and experience to solve process issues • Proven ability to foresee and take action against potential risks to the plant or local operation. Qualifications and Experience Qualifications
• Minimum requirement: Bachelor degree or Higher National Diploma in Science (BSc) Completed the on-line Quality modules of KO SCMX (Supply Chain Management Excellence) program
• Added advantage: Master degree in Science (BSc) or Food sciences. Experience • At least 3 to 6 years working experience in a relevant SHEQ role in the food industry
• At least 3 years in a supervisory role Competencies
• Advanced Computer Skills • Administration
• Strong Organizational Process / Systems Awareness & Integration
• Results and Execution • Decisiveness and Risk Judgement
• Confidence and Courage • Resilience and Energy • Communication and Executive Presence
• Apply Organizational Understanding to drive a Quality Culture
• Develop Manufacturing Process understanding
• Develop an understanding of Supply Chain Way principals and practices
• Apply knowledge of Quality Management and Health and Safety systems aligned with ISO, NOSA and KORE principals.