14 Fevereiro, 2020
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
A process Artisan operates process equipment, systems and processes for a specific plant/unit within the Sasol environment to achieve production requirements in a safe manner.
- Locate and describe plant maintenance documents, define P&ID’s (Piping and Instrumentation Drawing) and PFD’s (Process Flow Diagram).
- Operating maintenance and safety procedures, emergency pre-plans, vendor documents, equipment manuals, cause and Effect diagrams and interpret Laboratory results and take action.
- Explain the principles of operation: Process variables, Limits, Life cycle, Start-up/Shut-down of equipment.
- Identify the commissioning process purpose and explain the importance and application of plant process procedures.
- Describe the types of hazardous materials used in the plant.
- Identify where to find the information documenting the plant hazardous process material.
- Identify the correct personal protective equipment (PPE) required to mitigate any hazards associated with the hazardous materials
- This role is for Mozambican nationals only;
- Interested female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- NQF Level 4 Occupational
- NQF Level 4 Vocational
- Process Artisan Grade 2 competency
- Assist in the inspection of plant and equipment on regular intervals.
- Take plant readings and compare with DCS and outside parameters.
- Monitor maintenance activity within the plant
- Report any operational problems encountered on the plant
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrates commercial acumen, a global mind-set and exercises sound judgement.
- Achieves results through others and holds them accountable.
Functional / Technical
- Self-Mastery – Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
- Describe the purpose of safety data sheets or MSDS’s
- Describe the importance of plant handovers
- Describe the handover procedure used on the plant
- Identify types of information logged by the operations team.
- Maintain the plant to ensuring product specification and quality,
- Effectively communicate on the radio system
- Comply with the company radio policy
- Fluent in English and Portuguese.