24 Fevereiro, 2020
Operations, maintenance and support of regional transmission network, Optical and IP Backhaul Transmission network nodes.Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Carry-out preventive and corrective maintenance tasks to troubleshoot and resolve Transmission network faults (Optical DWDM & OTN, and IP Backhaul Transmission network nodes).
- Carry-out periodic optical fiber and microwave routes visits to confirm the normal operation and status of the network.
- Liase with selected Vodacom Suppliers pertaining to regional Transmission Network implementation and maintenance activities as well other stakeholders.
- Provide support, technical survey in the ground for the design/Planning team, implementation and optimization of a National Transmission Network Strategy (Access and backhaul).
- Ensure that the current Transmission network Database is updated and maintained, carry out installations, commissioning, acceptances and integration of Transmission Equipment as well as Acceptance
Core competencies, knowledge and experience &
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge and experience in Transmission network operations and maintenance.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) in both English and Portuguese.
- Transport Network Architecture.
- HCIA Routing & Switching Certification or equivalent is advantage.
- Willingness to work extended hours during troubleshooting until the problem is resolved.
- Deadline driven.
- Presentation skills.
- Research Skills.
- Report writing skills.
- Excellent Computer Literacy.
- Should be able to travel nationally and internationally when required.
- Ability to think on one’s feet.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- A 5 year Degree in Electronic Telecommunication
- 3- 4 years in Telecommunications Transmission industry.
SkillsNetwork Access TechnologyMonitor and DiagnoseMobile and Network SecurityDev OpsCloudService and Delivery ManagementAutomation and Robotics.
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.