Nutrition Specialist, Governance (NOC), Fixed Term, #530293, Division of Health & Nutrition, Maputo, Mozambique
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, nutrition
How can you make a difference?
Purpose of the job:
The Nutrition Specialist, Governance supports the development and preparation of the UNICEF Mozambique nutrition programme and is responsible for managing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating, and reporting the programme progress of the Nutrition Governance and Policy components within the country programme. The Nutrition Specialist, Governance provides technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes to facilitate the administration and achievement of concrete and sustainable results in multi-sectoral nutrition programmes/projects. This is carried out according to plans, allocation, results based-management approaches and methodology (RBM), as well as UNICEF’s Strategic Plans, standards of performance, and accountability framework.
Key function, accountabilities and related duties/task
1. Support to programme development and planning
2. Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
3. Technical and operational support to programme implementation
4. Networking and partnership building
5. Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: nutrition, public health, public policy, political science, or another health- or social-science related field.
- A minimum of five years of progressive and relevant professional experience in a developing country in one or more of the following areas is required: nutrition, public health, nutrition planning and management, social/public policy, or maternal, infant and child health/nutrition care.Experience in health/nutrition/food security programme/project development and management in a UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Fluency in Portuguese and strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written) is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The functional competencies required for this post are…
- Leading and supervising (I)
- Formulating strategies and concepts (II)
- Analyzing (III)
- Relating and networking (II)
- Deciding and Initiating action (II)
- Applying technical expertise (III)
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
This position only applies to Mozambican nationals.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
There will be no relocation package offered for this post. The successful candidate will be responsible for his/her own relocation and settlement in the city where the post is based.
There is a salary calculator tool for local staff through this link. Please run simulations for an estimate of monthly and annual salary based on the post’s level and location. When running the simulation, please select Mozambique (NEW) as the Duty Station.
Opening Date Thu Feb 27 2020 03:30:00 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time) South Africa Standard Time
Closing Date Thu Mar 12 2020 14:55:00 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)