Under supervision of Terminal Supervisor perform daily tank dipping and operate all necessary valves for movement of product during operations such as ship receipt, ship loading, loading and off loading of trucks, tank to tank transfer, bunkering, pipeline injection and draining of water from product tanks.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
- Report all incidents to Shift Supervisor who will write an incident report accurately and in time;
- Participate in emergency drill monthly and propose to Shift Supervisors necessary improvements in the operation;
- Daily cleaning of gantry, Tank farm, terminal drainages and terminal equipments such as product pumps, meters and pipes;
- Participate in monthly, and whenever necessary, testing of all firefighting equipment;
- Act as vigilant and cooperating with security guards to protect PetroBeiras assets;
- Recommend to Shift Supervisors or to Managers ways of improving efficiency of the Terminal;
- To participate in practical training through on-the-job training and rotation within the Terminal that will result in operator to being able to perform efficiently most of Terminal operations;
- To do any other lawful tasks, as requested by superior, ensuring compliance to the company standards and procedures; local by-laws and Government Legislation.
Key responsibilities (List major areas of position responsibilities, in priority order)
- 40% – Health, safety and environment
- 40% – Execution of Terminal Operations
- 20% – Maintenance
- Experience gained in petrochemical storage or industrial environment;
- Knowledge of HSEQ systems;
- Experience in working as a team.
- Must have the ability to work with a variety of people of different levels;
- Must be able to work under pressure;
- Be able to think pro-active and anticipate problems before they arise.
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Internal –Terminal Supervisors, Operation and Logistic Managers, Maintenance Fitters, Truck Dispatcher, HSEQ Coordinator;
- External – Road Tanker Drivers, Customs Officer based at Petrobeira, Security Company, Police and Emergency Services, Quantity Surveyors, Clearing Agents and Contractors, Condensate Management Company.
Apply For This Job
To apply for this job please visit trafigura.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.