• Provide third line support on Products and Services for Core Billing platforms, including active interaction with vendor for troubleshooting and fix implementations.
• Ensure customer care tickets are resolved within the agreed service level agreement.
• Ensure delivery of allocated projects within agreed timelines
• Active involvement with the vendor for product design, testing and implementation.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
• Proactively monitoring the platform (software and hardware) to guarantee 99.9% System Uptime and foresee problems.
• Implementation of Change Requests
• Ensure compliance to IT governance & Security policies and procedures
• Submit periodic reports to line manager which includes (but not limited) transactions status report, SLA, system patching, availability and incidents.
• Open and follow up on vendor tickets for closure within SLA.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
• Self-disciplined and self-motivated;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• GSM knowledge
• SQL database and Linux operating system knowledge
• Basic programing and scripting skills
Must have technical / professional qualifications
• Degree in Computer Science or similar.
• Any IT related certification will be valuable
Key performance indicators
• System uptime
• Customer Care and Vendor Tickets SLA
• Project delivery
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.