13 Maio, 2020
Role purpose: A developer that works on actual business functionalities implementation. The focus of this role, is not the technicalities of a software application, instead it is the problem domain, covering data structure, business rules, application services, scheduled/automated functions, events, ports/interfaces. This role works closely with Software testing engineers, Build & Deployment engineers, Product-Owners.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
• Develop software applications applying reference designs and respecting established development practices
• Develop software application backend components (Services, APIs, Background Tasks, Scheduled Jobs)
• Write Unit Tests as part of Coding process in order to validate application behavior
• Create and maintain application documentation
• Troubleshoot and debug escalated production Issues
Must have technical skills
• HTTP (Architecture, Verbs, Headers, Cookies, Status Codes) & REST APIs (OAuth, Swagger)
• Git (remote, commit, branch, pull, merge)
• Java 8 (OOP) and & JUnit-4
• Ansi-SQL (create table, select, join) and JDBC
• Java/Jakarta EE8 – JAX-WS, JAX-RS, CDI, Servlet-API (Servlet, Filters), JPA (with Hibernate), JTA, EJB (session beans and MDBs), JMS, Bean Validation, JCache, MVC-API &Using CDI in Web Containers
• Maven3 (core concepts, package goal, test goal, install goal, deploy goal)
• Docker (core-concepts, architecture, Image build, container run)
Budget owned (figures) if applicable: N\A
Key performance indicators
• Contribution level within Agile Squad
• Compliance to dev standards & practices
• Ability to meet deadlines and anticipate delays.
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.