13 Maio, 2020
Role Purpose: A Scrum Master is the team role responsible for ensuring the teams lives agile values and principles and follows the processes and practices that the team agreed they would use. He also protect the team from outside interruptions and distractions.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
• Scrum Master is responsible to ensure that Agile teams are actively following the guidelines of Scrum and Agile methodologies;
• Scrum Master is responsible to ensure a good relationship between Agile Squad and Product Owner as well as others outside the team;
• Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation;
• Scrum Master is responsible for removing the impediments that impact the team’s productivity in delivering business;
• Scrum Master is a team servant leader facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work;
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
• Creative, talented and knowledgeable;
• Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency;
• Awareness and experience with widely successful agile techniques: ATDD, TDD, continuous Integration, continuous Testing, pairing, automated testing.
• Strong understanding management of technical tools to enables the teams to accomplish tasks efficiently (Jira, Target Process, etc);
• Ability to speak and write in English and Portuguese.
Must have technical / professional qualifications
• Relevant diploma or degree in Information Systems Technology;
• Minimum 1 years of solid experience as a Scrum Master ;
• Project Management experience (desirable);
• Scrum Master Certification (desirable).
Budget owned (figures) if applicable: N//A
Key performance indicators
• Value towards customer in terms of sprint delivery success;
• Continuous improvement on team delivery cadence;
• Effectiveness of scrum teams in meeting business goals;
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.