13 Maio, 2020
Role purpose: A highly technical developer/wizard that works on system-level, developing software infrastructure components. A developer that knows exactly what is going on behind the scenes of the runtime and the frameworks on it, capable of writing libraries that mimic the same behaviour or even augment it. This role enables Application backend developers to stay focused on business logic, by building tools, frameworks, helpers and other supporting assets to smooth their job. Anything merely technical falls under this role.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
• Develop software Infrastructure components (Runtime, Tools and Frameworks)
• Develop starter projects to be used by Application Backend developers to start new projects quickly
• Develop platform software – software that hosts or supports applications
• Develop reusable libraries/modules that deal with architecture requirements established in the Software development standard
• Troubleshoot and debug escalated production Issues
• Write Comprehensive Documentation for other developers to Get Started with developed tools or Starter projects
Must have technical skills
• Solid Understanding of HTTP, Java/Jakarta EE8 (JNDI, Servlet Filter, JTA Transaction lifecycle, CDI Interceptors, JAX-RS Exception Mapping, CDI on Web Profile), Testing using Arquillian Framework
• Classpath, On-the-fly byte code manipulation, Class Loading, Reflection, Annotations processing, Object Proxying
• Java Concurrency – Thread, Thread-pools, Executors, Runnable, Callable, Future, Synchronization (wait, notify, notifyAll), Parallel Streams
• IO Streams (Input, Output, Buffering) & NIO (Channels, Buffers, Selectors)
• CDI Extension development & Maven Plugin development
• Messaging, Caching, Logging, Tracing & Load balancing, Docker Containers (architecture, packaging and running)
Budget owned (figures) if applicable: N\A
Key performance indicators
• Proficiency in technical matters & Ability to put the knowledge to work
• Compliance to dev standards & practices
• Ability to meet deadlines and anticipate delays
• Contribution and engagement level within the team.
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.