22 Maio, 2020
Role purpose: Administer, Maintain and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company’s Unix Enterprise Systems portfolio;
Suggest and define changes to relevant policies and procedures to enforce operational and business efficiencies
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
• Support all Unix Enterprise Server environments deployed at Vodacom
• Design, implement and manage IT Enterprise solutions for Vodacom
• Proactive Patch Management and Operating System updates;
• Plan, execute and manage projects assigned;
• Perform daily checklists to verify health of systems
• Ensure system faults are logged with suppliers, followed up and escalated if needed in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs);
• Ensure that proactive capacity management is performed and that timely actions are carried to address potential capacity constraints;
• Ensure that systems are upgraded and adapted timely based on business requirements
• Respond to Customer Service Request tickets logged by customers who request assistance within agreed timeframes
• Submit periodic reports to line manager which include: system availability, progress feedback on tasks, incidents observed, statistical data highlighting patterns and trends in system utilization
• Submit suggestions forward to management to help optimize the systems under job holder’s portfolio
• The candidate must provide need to demonstrate experience with Unix Systems;
• The Candidate must have basic concepts of Active Directory.
• The candidate must have basic concept of Networking.
• The Candidate must have knowledge of data warehousing environments.
• The candidate must be able to speak clearly and articulately in Portuguese and English.
• The candidate must have good communication skills both written and verbal in Portuguese and English.
• The Candidate must exceptional knowledge Virtualized systems such as VMWARE;
Must have technical / professional qualifications
• Degree in Computer Science or similar or Diploma in IT / Telecommunications
• Unix Training;
• The candidate must provide proof that demonstrates at least 3 years working experience with Storage Area Networking;
• The candidate must provide proof that demonstrates at least 3 years working experience with Unix/Linux Environments
Budget owned (figures) if applicable: N\A
Key performance indicators
• System stability and service availability on all enterprise servers under the candidate’s responsibility (At least 99.9% uptime;
• Performance and capacity management in a quarterly basis;
• IT Governance Standards and Security based on company policies
• Projects and implementations deliverables based on business needs.
• Quality support based on SLAs;
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.