22 Maio, 2020
Role purpose: To support and operate within the IP Networks and Infrastructure domain for Vodafone M-Pesa
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
• Proactive involvement in all team projects with a perspective and focus on M-Pesa Network and Infrastructure
• Understand and document the essential components and TCP/IP flows of core infrastructure nodes and networks provided by Vodafone M-Pesa and Vodacom and their associated change control processes and SLA’s.
• To use the above to be able to design end-to-end infrastructure and network changes in order to support the creation of new application services.
• To be able to effect network changes either hands on, through change process or by directing others .
• To understand network and backend systems availability and performance monitoring and ensure that best practice is applied in these areas to ensure the continuity and safety of M-Pesa systems and services
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
• Knowledge of Internet and IP/MPLS Network technology.
• Knowledge of Infrastructure virtualization technology and configuration, operation and maintenance of network equipment
• Good communication, presentation skills and fluent in both English and Portuguese.
• Demonstrable experience in leading complex infrastructure and networking projects
• Experience with financial services
Must have technical / professional qualifications
• Relevant degrees, diplomas or experience in IP Networks and Infrastructure
• Windows Server and Linux Operating Systems certification (desirable)
• CCNA Certification will be valuable;
Key performance indicators
• Acting the Vodacom Way and Ethics
• Able to expose himself in a multinational environment and to management level with good communication skills (one company & local roots) and be innovation hungry
• Systems uptime / Business Continuity.
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.