1 Junho, 2020
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Efficiencies for Clinical HIV Outcomes (ECHO) is a $209 million project to support the Government of Mozambique’s achievement of HIV/AIDS epidemic control and establishing a sustainable, government-led HIV response by 2023 in provinces where USAID is the primary clinical support partner. The objectives of the project include strengthening the essential public health services for HIV epidemic control at national, provincial, and district level to ensure long-term sustainability of the HIV response, reaching and maintaining 95% HIV treatment coverage and viral suppression in designated geographic regions, ensuring that Mozambique is utilizing the latest evidence for rapid scale up and maintenance of effective HIV interventions, and providing the Government of Mozambique with data, measured findings and recommendations necessary to make key service delivery decisions.
The driver will operate and maintain a motor vehicle for the transportation of passengers or cargo strictly for project purposes only.
Key Roles And Responsibilities
- Operates a passenger motor vehicle in accordance with Administrative Manager or Office Manager’s instructions to transport project personnel and official visitors within the city and surrounding area and travel to the next city.
- Maintains vehicle in clean and serviceable condition and performs minor maintenance of a preventative nature.
- Maintain an accurate vehicle log book for all trips. May manage a group of drivers and vehicles.
- Perform daily inspection of vehicle to include tire pressure, oil and water levels.
- Ensure that vehicle insurance is always current.
- Report any incidents, accidents or injuries immediately to supervisor.
- Quickly notify supervisor about any major repairs and maintenance needed on vehicle.
- Follow all driving laws and regulations.
- May be assigned to drive the head of the project or VIP visitors for a portion of the time.
- May deliver documents and conduct general business on behalf of the company including basic negotiation skills.
- May operate a small bus or carryall on a regular run one or more times a day.
- May drive pickup or light trucks to deliver materials and equipment.
- Represent the project, Abt Associates and USAID with professional behavior and communication skills in a diplomatic manner.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- A high school diploma or equivalent is desirable.
- A minimum of six months of experience as a professional driver.
- Must have local driver’s license appropriate to type of vehicle operated.
- Must be familiar with local traffic laws and area traffic patterns.
- Fluency in Portuguese.
- Some command of verbal English is desirable.
- 0-1 Years.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.