3 Junho, 2020
Under the guidance and supervision of the immediate supervisor, the Administrative Assistant provides support to administrative services ensuring high quality of work, ensures accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery. The Administrative Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach. The Administrative Assistant works in close collaboration with the Corporate Services Department as well as Programme Management Department in IFAD HQ and staff in the ICO to ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions, drafting correspondence related to shipments/customs clearance;
- Arrangement of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations;
- Support to staff members and their dependents by processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents in accordance with requirements of the United Nations and national government;
- Administrative support to organization of conferences, workshops, retreats;
- Collection of information for DSA, travel agencies and other administrative surveys;
- Preparation of routine correspondence, faxes, memoranda and reports in accordance with ICO SOPs;
- Extracting, inputting, copying and filing data from various sources;
- Maintenance of files in the Office and for RMT;
- Checking vehicle logs and preparation of the draft vehicle history reports and maintenance plans.
Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collection of information on assets management, maintenance of records and files on assets management;
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance
- Strategic thinking and organizational development: Personal influence (Level 1);
- Demonstrating Leadership: Personal leadership and attitude to change (Level 1);
- Learning, sharing knowledge and innovating: Continuously seeks to learn, shares knowledge and innovates (Level 1);
- Focusing on clients: Focuses on clients (Level 1);
- Problem solving and decision making: Demonstrates sound problem solving and decision making ability (Level 1);
- Managing time, resources and information: Manages own time, information and resources effectively (Level 1);
- Team Work: Contributes effectively to the team (Level 1) ;
- Communicating and negotiating: Communicates effectively: creates understanding between self and others (Level 1);
- Building relationships and partnerships: Builds and maintains effective working relationships (Level 1).
- Training and experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other IFAD software such as SharePoint; knowledge of integrated management information systems an asset;
- Knowledge of IFAD administrative policies and procedures;
- Organizational, planning and prioritizing skills and abilities;
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with visitors;
- Sense of initiative and good judgment;
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural background;
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goals
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education is required.
- An undergraduate university degree (BA or equivalent) would be a strong asset.
- 4 years of relevant administrative experience. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese.
Apply For This Job
To apply for this job please visit jobs.partneragencies.net.
Expiration date: June 11, 2020