18 Junho, 2020
Role purpose: To work with ME: Legal and Regulatory to ensure that Vodacom’s interests are protected from legal and regulatory risks; Vodacom’s Management provides world-class regulatory support on products and services, including digital services, platform services (cloud and hosting), artificial intelligence, technology and wholesale matters, among others, maximising expertise from Vodacom and Vodafone, to achieve our strategy at OpCo level. All regulatory matters are reported and managed in accordance with the company’s governance requirements and processes, delegation of authority, and Group Policy Manual.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
• Provide Regulatory inputs into Vodacom’s planning processes and Regulatory support;
• Prepare the Policies and strategies for Legal and regulatory community and development programmes;
• Ensure that the Vodacom Mozambique Legal and regulatory governance and reporting is adhered at all times;
• Identify strategy and new business legal and regulatory;
• Engage with relevant Institutions and Document Management;
• Embed the Vodacom Spirit onto the Legal and Regulatory processes
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
• Analysis and Synthesis; Ability to analyse a complex set of information requiring a mixture of technical / professional competencies to comprehend, the ability to synthesise the issue and propose a decision.
• Desired: experience in economic regulation, technology, engineering, wholesale commercial functions.
• Relationship management: Ability to liaise and communicate effectively externally and to project a positive image of the company.
• Teamwork: Ability to work effectively in team collaborates and shares information gives and receives constructive and on-target feedback.
• Ability to interact with senior management both internally in order to scope requirements, and externally to negotiate the best contractual conditions for the Company
• Decision-making: smart and pragmatic decision-making, and the ability to communicate, influence and negotiate successfully with colleagues to conclude agreement on complex and important issues.
• Integrity and resilience: Ability to operate / negotiate in high-pressure situations, a strong sense of principle and the ability to represent and maintain a principled position in a negative or hostile situation.
Must have technical / professional qualifications
• A degree or equivalent qualification in Law is desirable;
• Additional professional relevant certification will be an advantage.
• Experience in working in telecommunications or in a regulated industry: 5 years+.
Key performance indicators
• Company capability to respond to all legal requests that meet required criteria;
• Strive for Zero (0) legal fines raised against the company resulting from lack of response to legal requests;
• Team response rate to all received requests
• Stakeholder feedback on engagement experience
• Compliance with Institutions and Governance baselines – adherence to a team developed implementation schedule.
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.