16 Julho, 2020
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
A minimum of a secondary degree with an additional certificate in one or more of the following disciplines: Agronomy Engeneering, Rural Development, Environment engeneering Economics, Statistics, Project Management, Social Sciences or other relevant field.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Regional Bureaux
(RBs), Country Offices (COs), Area/Field Offices (AOs/FOs). The job holders
typically report to a Programme Policy Officer or the designate.
At this level, job holders are responsible for the completion of a range of specialized and/or standardized processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff. They work under minimum supervision, perform basic analyses and compile reports to support information consistency and smooth implementation of programmes/projects.
The overall objective of WFP in Mozambique is to support the government in achieving the Sustainable Development Goal 2 (SDG2 – End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture). WFP Country Strategic Plan (CSP) 2017-2021, in line with national development priorities, aims to support long-term recovery and resilience building to address underlying causes of food insecurity and malnutrition in Mozambique. In line with its corporate strategy, WFP Mozambique in partnership with the government is adopting an ingetrated climate risk management approach that aims to promoting the resilience of smallholder farmers vulnerable farmers to the imapcts of climate shocks, through strenthing the adaptive capacities at local and national levels. Impacts of climate change are alreday felt in arid and semi arid zones in Tete Province, highlighting the need for prompt action.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
|Sound experience in project management in a related field.Experience in project implementation and coordination among several teams.Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyse and interpret information and draw out the key messages.Strong oral and written communication skills, able to clearly articulate insights to stakeholders in WFP.Good networking skills and capacity to build and maintain professional contactsLeadership skills and excellent inter personal skill. Ability to lead and motivate.Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skillsCapacities for organization and execution of workshops and training with grassroots organizationSound judgment and ability to resolve operational problems.Good administrative and supervisory skills ability to plan and organize work schedules independently|
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Support the expansion of rural resilience building activities in the Sub office, including; promoting conservation agriculture, provision of climate services, maintaining saving and loans groups, and provision of micro insurance.
- Provide technical and strategic guidance to field monitors, Cooperating Partners for the planning and implementation of the activities;
- Act as focal point for collaboration with Partners and the Government clarifying programme objectives, methodology and timeframe and ensure clear and continuous communication with key stakeholders on programme performance;
- Liaise with other units to ensure timely provision of the benefits to the targeted beneficiaries working with other units including but not limited to supply chain and finance units.
- Produce weekly and monthly progress reports on all project components;
- Ensure robust mainstreaming of gender into WFP programming and operation;
- Support, in collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) colleagues, the consolidation of outputs monitoring reports, including but not limited to number beneficiaries reached with gender/age breakdown;
- Support ensuring that complain mechanisms are put in place and are operational;
- Perform other related duties as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings
to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill
internal and external partner needs.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance||Can facilitate implementation of food assistance programmes under guidance using basic understanding of principles and good practices of programme design, implementation and monitoring.|
|Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers)||Demonstrates ability to facilitate, under guidance, food assistance programme implementation that deploys full range of transfer modalities with an understanding of basic principles guiding modality selection and implementation.|
|Knowledge of Specialized Areas||Understands basic technical concepts and data andtheir relevance to food assistance programmes.|
|Emergency Programming||Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.|
|Strategic Policy Engagement w/Govt||Understands and applies basic principles of engagement with government counterparts at the national or local level.|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Contract type: Service Contract
Duration: 09 months with possibility of extension if required
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has facilitated communication with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.).
• Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
• Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
No later than: 22.07.2020