5 Agosto, 2020
Role purpose: Vodacom is looking for a highly motivated engineer to join the cloud infrastructure team. This team is
Responsible to design, implement and maintain the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud infrastructure according to rigorous standards and procedures.
We are looking for an individual capable of working autonomously with minimal supervision, capable of building complex systems while ensuring performance, cost effectiveness, reliability, scalability, security, automation and documentation. As a senior engineer, this role requires mentoring less experienced team members, advocate the cloud services within the company, and collaborate with different internal and external work streams to ensure projects and strategic initiatives deliver business value.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
• Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed and built according to the AWS Well-Architected framework.
• Create templates and automations using Cloudformation, Terraform, Puppet and Python to maximize efficiency and reduce human intervention.
• Ensure an outstanding level of security compliance.
• Collaborate with internal/external stakeholders and build strong relationships to drive infrastructure projects and key initiatives as per the roadmap.
• Conduct planned/unplanned maintenance activities as per team’s roster.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
• Advanced knowledge for large-scale distributed systems design
• Advanced knowledge for storage, networking and virtualization engineering
• Intermediate scripting and programming languages (preferably python)
• Basic knowledge of Docker/Kubernetes.
• Autonomous, highly analytical and experienced with troubleshooting and problem solving
Must have technical / professional qualifications
• Degree in Computer Science or similar
• Any AWS certification such as the SysOps/Solutions Architect are highly desirable.
Key performance indicators
• Projects and initiatives delivered within the defined timeframes and standards
• Security, availability and compliance levels
• Automation initiatives highly focused on impact and reducing human intervention.
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.