13 Outubro, 2020
The Country Finance Manager is responsible for the set-up of the finance function in Mozambique. This includes implementation and monitoring of all aspects of the financial transactions and administrative process related to Mozambique including financial management functions i.e. management reporting, financial data analysis, donor reporting, etc. The Country Finance Manager will provide support to the in-Country team to ensure proper resource allocation to implement the activities in-Country.
The Country Finance Manager reports directly the Country Director and provides direct technical and financial support to Mozambique
Key Performance Areas
1. Setting up of the finance function in Mozambique
- Setting up financial system including the establishment of the treasury;
- Setting up of internal controls;
- Adapting m2m finance policies and procedures;
- Train Finance Officers on m2m policies, procedures, and accounting software;
- Assist the Head Office Finance department with setting up in-country bank accounts; and
- Assist the Head Office Finance department with registration with relevant statutory bodies.
- 2. Provide financial and accounting management and direction to the Country Office operations
- Provide financial management support to the Country Director and country management team and liaise with Head Office;
- Provide financial management advice and assistance to the Country Office Director/Lead, including assistance in the preparation and monitoring of organizational budgets;
- Manage the accounting processing and related work processes related to Country Office transactions; and
- Track the cash receipts and disbursements at a project level and provide financial advice to project leads in terms of project spending and planning.
3. Ensure the Financial Integrity of the Operation
- Implement and maintain accounting and financial internal control systems in order to provide an appropriate level of security over the organization’s resources and operations;
- Review and update financial policies and procedures in line with Head Office policies and Procedures;
- Manage the financial and compliance aspects of donors and ensure that expenses are incurred consistent with grant agreements and contracts;
- Manage the monthly closing of accounts and ensure reconciliation of all accounts;
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of financial data, reports, Financial narrative and variance analysis when necessary to Head Office Finance units;
- Monitor cash flow through the preparation of cash budgets and funding requests to ensure that sufficient cash is always available to meet operational needs ;
- Provide support during the internal and external audit and ensure that appropriate measures are taken to address audit findings and recommendations;
- Support the Country Director to ensure compliance with all statutory regulations and filings are adhered to; and
- Take initiative on cutting costs without compromising quality
4. Provide Financial Management services to the Country Office operations through maintaining and managing budgets and financial reporting function
- Prepare and maintain the Country Office annual budgets;
- Prepare monthly financial reporting to the Country Director and Project Directors/Coordinators;
- Prepare quarterly pipeline reports and financial analysis; and
- Provide ad hoc reporting requirements as needed.
Provide personal / career development support and training to other team members, as required;
Assist the Country Lead/Director in developing the Country Work plan; and
Undertake any other activity that contributes to the smooth running and development of the organization.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Recognized 3-year Accounting/Business Degree
- At least 5-8 years post-study experience in a financial/accounting capacity of which at least 3 years should include management experience
- Knowledge of institutional donor requirements; EC, DfID, UN partner agreements, SIDA, USAID, CDC, etc
- Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure
- Strong accounting and financial management acumen
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in setting up a finance department
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting (Serenic), spreadsheet and word processing programs at a highly proficient level
- Previous experience in a multi-national organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work on own and within various teams;
- Ability to manage competing tasks; ability to prioritize and produce high-level output consistently
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people. Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
Closing Date: 8/11/2020