14 Outubro, 2020
Role purpose: To manage the M-Pesa Products & Services team and to perform the new product development and innovation processes for M-Pesa, developing and then delivering against the strategic product roadmap. To develop and manage customer insight acquisition processes to ensure product roadmaps are relevant for the market needs.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Identify market opportunities and partnerships for the launch of new products and services and for the enhancement of existing solutions, including the benchmarking of the M-Pesa product portfolio (current and planned) against competitors, international best practices relevant to the Mozambique market and other M-Pesa operations’ product offerings.
• Develop and maintain the global product strategy for the M-Pesa division
• Design, plan and project-manage the implementation of new products and services across all disciplines involved in the process.
• Interface with Sales & Distribution, Customer Services and Marketing functions for the setup of customer insights acquisition processes relevant for the products and services enhancement process and for the acceleration of usage indicators across the M-Pesa customer base.
• Management of the M-Pesa product & services team guaranteeing that the team is aligned with the product strategy and product vision
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
• Commercially astute and strategically oriented – solid understanding of market, competitor & customer. Solid understanding of the integrated set of products and services included within the M-Pesa portfolio; able to identify opportunities for M-Pesa and define and implement these opportunities into reality
• Project Management – experience with management of large project teams achieving deadlines
• People Leadership – Guaranteeing collaboration and communication across the M-Pesa Products & Services division. Providing coaching for the team members
• Inspirational Leadership – develop and maintain great working environment throughout all levels of the M-Pesa organization.
• Presentation and communication skills – written and oral.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
• University degree in Commercial or Information Technology related areas.
• A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a management role within an innovation function with cross-functional exposure.
• Project management certification and experience will be an advantage.
• Knowledge and experience of the financial services and telecommunications industries will be an advantage.
• Strong planning and networking skills.
• Familiar with the Agile methodology.
Key performance indicators:
• Timely delivery of business goals agreed under the product strategy
• New product usage KPIs relative to business case (unique users, number of transactions, revenue, etc.)
• People Survey’s (or similar) Manager Index
• Net Promoter Score leadership in the Mobile Money categories of: “range of products and services”, “ease of use of services on mobile”, “simple and easy”, “offers something different”, and “understands your needs”.
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.