14 Outubro, 2020
The Systems Architect is responsible for maintaining and evolving the emerging architecture that enables the digital vision and business objectives, maximising the value of technology disruptions into current and future capabilities. This role is responsible for identifying, analysing, and directing the execution of change towards the digital architecture vision and digital business vision, by providing and prioritising “technical epics” inside the Core Systems Squad. The role will continuously assess, value and size initiatives to inform the larger CxO community and drive decisions related to the development of architecture runways aligned with Group CxO community.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
• Manage architecture roadmap in alignment with the Digital Architecture blueprint from Vodafone Group. Create relevant blueprints as on of the custodians of Vodacom Mozambique Architecture.
• Oversee and lead the design, development, and deployment of digital architecture practices, standards, patterns and innovations inside the Core Systems Squad
• Scout new technologies and vendors to enable innovation and identify technical enablers
• Manage innovation and establish the capability to monitor new technology developments and trends in the industry
• Definition of integration APIs and ecosystem strategy
• Support the Business in developing and executing RFPs and in the selection of appropriate enabling technology
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
• Estimation techniques for scaled Agile approaches to the development of key target architectures
• Web-scale cloud-native architectures including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
• Design of infrastructure strategy and roadmap
• DevOps practices and automation tools
• Artificial intelligence, Machine Learning, and Big Data technologies and architectures
• Excellent analytical, technical, and problem solving skills, with high levels of creativity and a practical approach that is principle-driven
• Excellent relationship building, teamwork, and collaboration skills that enables the provision of effective support and guidance across programmes
• Knowledge of the Telecommunications and digital services market and emerging business and technology trends
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree or National Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field
• Relevant experience in at least three disciplines, such as business, information, solution or technical architecture, application development, middleware, information analysis, database management or operations in a multitier environment
• Experience in IT strategic planning and development
• Experience in business capability modelling and technical and solution architecture development in a digital business context.
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.