11 Dezembro, 2020
The Administrative and Finance Associate is located in the Maputo Country Office (CO) and reports to the International Operations Manager.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction. UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The Administrative and Finance Associate delivers quality financial services and office operations support to internal and external clients mastering all relevant rules, guidelines, processes and procedures. S/he takes a client-oriented results-focused approach to interpreting the rules, procedures and guidelines, providing support and guidance to the CO and UNFPA-supported projects.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Supports the monitoring of programme financial performance for all core and non-core resources by providing necessary financial information and analysis, including implementation rate against indicators/results. Detects potential over/ under expenditure problems and proposes remedial action.
- Develops tools and mechanisms for effective and efficient monitoring of programme and project budgets, coordinates compilation of financial data and provides accurate and up-dated financial information and reports to office managers, HQs, Regional Office and donors, on a continuous basis.
- Interprets financial policies and procedures and provides guidance and training to staff and project managers. Strives to identify ways in which programme financial needs can be met within existing policies.
- Assists in the management of the Country Office budget by budget formulation, controlling allotments, monitoring expenditures, and preparing revisions according to the needs of the Country Office. Conducts regular review of budget allocation and expenditures to ensure charging of transactions to proper fund codes.
- Maintains an effective financial recording and reporting system, internal control and audit follow-up.
- Processes payment vouchers and other financial transactions in timely manner and ensures accuracy of computation, chart of accounts and attachment of required documents; and liaises with UNDP to verify financial transactions are made on time, including the refund of money deposited in UNDP’s account.
- Reviews and monitors charges for common services and cost recovery taking into account maximum cost efficiency and represents UNFPA’s interests in related negotiations and agreements.
- Prepares accurate financial accountability checklists on monthly and quarterly basis to comply with financial accountability obligations and retain the records for audit purposes. Follows up to ensure outstanding financial items are acted upon. Ensures that financial and operational dashboards are free of errors and/or unresolved items.
- Reviews and processes fund advances (Operating Fund Account – OFA) to implementing partners (IPs) on a timely manner, as well as liquidations. Reviews their financial reports and supporting documentation to ensure compliance with work plans, and relevant policies and procedures. Carries out OFA reconciliations and does timely follow up with IPs for correction and refund of outstanding amounts as necessary.
- Assists the Operations Manager in the planning of monitoring visits of Implementing Partners, and carries out regular field finance monitoring visits (spots checks) to the IPs as part of the financial and operational assurance activities plan. Provides capacity building to project staff at IP level to ensure proper management of programme funds. Follows up with IPs the implementation of the audit recommendations.
- Monitors travel advances released to the UNFPA and non UNFPA staff and settlement of F10 claims, ensuring proper per diem and travel entitlements computation, completion of mission reports, boarding passes, and tickets and supporting documents.
- Provides full support to staff on troubleshooting and technical issues related to the corporate financial and operational system (Atlas).
- Coordinates the roles and tasks of all finance staff under the guidance of the Operations Manager.
- Supports the Operations Manager in his/her role of Office Security Focal Point and ensures that the Country Office is in compliance with the Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS) and Residential Security Measures.
- Ensures proper operations and maintenance of the office building, project offices and facilities.
- Supports the Operations Manager with the supervision of drivers and clerical staff.
- Assists the Operations Manager in the overall supervision of Assets and Fleet Management, ensuring timely and regular repairs and maintenance of the county office’s fleet of vehicles.
- Oversees the performance of the security guards (outsourced personnel) and provides feedback to the outsourced security company as necessary.
- Assists the Operations Manager in securing vehicle logs books and other records as mandated in the vehicle usage policy are consistently kept updated, there is periodic reporting from Sub Offices.
Qualifications and Experience
- Completed Secondary Level Education required, preferably with a focus on accounting, finance, business administration or related fields.
- A university degree at bachelor level in related field* is desirable.
* Accounting, finance, business administration or related fields.
Knowledge and Experience:
Knowledge and Experience:
- Seven years of relevant experience in administration, finance or office management.
- Experience with UN finance, procurement and contracting regulations and procedures will be a decided advantage.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (in particular, applications related to database and data analysis), Atlas (PeopleSoft or alternatively Oracle), E-filing system and other software applications is required. Intermediate to advanced use of excel is required, the candidate able to design advanced formulas and use fluidly pivot tables.
Fluency in Portuguese and English is required.
Exemplifying integrityDemonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN systemEmbracing cultural diversityEmbracing change
Achieving resultsBeing accountableDeveloping and applying professional expertise/ business acumenThinking analytically and strategicallyAble to manage details whilst keeping focus on wider picture of CO processes.Working in teams/ managing ourselves and our relationshipsCommunicating for impact
Functional Skill Set:
Managing the organization’s financial resourcesProviding procurement servicesEnsuring facilities and assets management
UNFPA Work Environment
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities.
Compensation and Benefits
|This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance, pension and other benefits as applicable.|
WARNING TO APPLICANTS:
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you have received a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web. Should you feel that you have received a fraudulent notice, letter or offer that makes use of the name or logo of UNFPA, you may submit a report through the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
HOW TO APPLY:
UNFPA has established an electronic application management system. This allows applicants to create a candidate profile, which can be updated regularly and submitted for more than one vacancy. Download the Step by Step Guide to Applying in the E-Recruit System of UNFPA at http://www.unfpa.org/employment. Please print out the Guide for your reference during the registration and application process. Notice: There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process. UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
Closing Date: 16 December 2020 (5pm, Maputo time)