18 Janeiro, 2021
Justification and context
The International Fertilizer Development Center’s (IFDC) is expected to sign an Agreement with the Embassy of Sweden (EoS) to continue the Food Security Through Climate Adaptation and Resilience (FAR-Mozambique) Program under a Phase 2 initiative to be implemented by a consortium of four Implementing Organizations (IOs) from Phase 1, namely IFDC, the African Fertilizer and Agribusiness Partnership (AFAP), United Purpose (UP), and Associação Kwaedza Simukai Manica (AKSM). Phase 2 of the FAR Program will build on Phase 1 successes, seeking to further scale geographic reach within Phase 1 areas and new locations, and to broaden networks and engagement by public and private sector actors to link farmers to markets and increase market-responsive skills and climate-smart agricultural (CSA) practices to improve food access and availability, and increase knowledge of and uptake of climate-smart agriculture solutions farmers for long term sustainability. IFDC and its partners will apply a facilitative approach and continue to scale into new regions and reduce presence in successful pilot areas. Phase 2 management and implementation will be adapted for challenges COVID-19 pandemic, given the potential impact on the agriculture sector and household food security, especially for women.
By the end of Phase 2, IFDC and partner IOs anticipate reaching over 40,000 farmers (56% women/44% men), with 50% adopting CSA practices through improved skills and access to productivity-enhancing inputs, extension services, and markets through a network of agro-dealers and VBAs, as well as through Information and Communications Technologies for Agriculture (ICT4Ag)-enabled services and support.
IFDC is seeking recruitment for an FAR Phase 2 Administrative and Finance Assistant who will be responsible for managing, coordinating and directing the FAR office’s work in Administration, Human Resources, Finance and support such as travel, procurement, inventory, vehicles and drivers. S/He will report to FAR Team Leader,
Functions and Responsibilities
The Administrative and Finance Assistant will work under the supervision of the Country Team Leader while technically reporting to the IFDC East and Southern Africa Operations Officer. The incumbent shall have the following roles and responsibilities:
- Oversee logistical and administrative support for project activities in Mozambique and the region
- Oversee the administrative and financial management of the IFDC Mozambique Office
- Manage administrative records of country office staff (contracts, social security, insurance, annual appraisal, etc.), including trainees
- Ensure the preparation and monitoring of advance requests, expense projections and other budget related materials for the Mozambique Country Office
- Ensure all legal requirements regarding employment of staff are implemented
- Maintain Accounting in relation to the projects, Division and Headquarters
- Coordinate the submission of the monthly time sheets, review and forward to the relevant approver.
- Provide human resource support in Mozambique, including junior staff recruitments, organizing interviews and maintaining an updated HR personnel file, and staff contact list.
- Manage timesheets and leave requests and keep track of staff leave information.
- Manage all insurance coverage of country staff and reimbursements
- Control / supervise the management of equipment, including vehicles, and all that pertains to logistics (acquisition procedures, monitoring and inventory, etc.)
- Supervise vehicle/fuel management
- Write administrative correspondence and periodic reports
- Assist in the organization of regional and local meetings (budget and logistics)
- Assist in the finalization of MoUs, contracts and other agreements
- Assist in organizing workshops/conferences logistics, prepare workshops/conferences materials, prepare minutes and highlight agreed upon actions, coordinate follow-ups, and booking facilities
- Assist in preparing and processing various administrative forms, including expenses reimbursement and traveling requests
- Serve as the primary communication link on Administrative, Human resources and Financial and compliance matters related to partners, subgrantees and donors
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by his/her supervisors
- Reports to the FAR Team Leader in Mozambique.
- Hold a degree in Business Administration, Accounting or another relevant field
- Have at least five (5) years professional experience
- Be able to express oneself orally and in writing in both Portuguese and in English
- Have accounting skills (mandatory) and knowledge of Mozambique Labor law
- Being able to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and international team and in a multicultural environment
- Be organized, rigorous and trustworthy
- Have a good knowledge of local labor laws and admin procedures
- Excellent communication skills with ability to express ideas clearly, logically and effectively.
- This position is open national (Mozambican) applicants
- This position will be based in Beira, Sofala Province
Local: Beira, Sofala