23 Fevereiro, 2021
Role purpose: The purpose of the role is to analyse and document requirements for the development of M-Pesa services and to confirm the feasibility of these services by creating and testing business configuration solutions. This role will be responsible for development, integration, and implementation of configuration processes, procedures, and solutions within the M-Pesa and AML (Siron) platform.
Scope of role consists of the analysis, definition and configuration of new M-Pesa services and associated controls on both the mobile money and financial crime monitoring platforms. The role will also act as a centralised control for the required configuration changes on the new anti-money laundering (AML) platform, Siron.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
1.- Impact on the business
• Responsible for analysing, design, implement and document requirements for business services configurations and associated AML controls, arising from new service initiatives or general trend analysis / alert effectiveness investigations.
• Report to Group Compliance and market stakeholders on updates of scenarios, configuration and reports across markets and escalating issues when appropriate.
2.- Customers, supplier and third parties
• Strengthened Market communication plan (feedback loop, scheduled communications/reporting, issue escalation) with local Engineering, Commercial and Ops teams to identify local Market changes and enable Market support for Core Delivery Programmes
3.- Leadership and teamwork
• Deliver a ‘service mentality’ and ‘collaboration approach’ in relationships between MPA and markets.
4.- Innovation and change
• Identification and drive of local process, product or service improvements to maximise delivery capability and synergies to reduce fragmentation and friction between MPA funded and local Market teams.
• Agree, develop and manage communications plan for key MPA and Market stakeholders to mitigate upstream risks and delays due to poor dependency management and resource availability.
Knowledge and experience
• Strong Demonstrable competence in Project management (Waterfall and Agile), stakeholder and vendor management.
• Subject matter knowledge of mobile payments Applications and HW covering deployment, configuration, test and release.
• Provision of broad technical and business knowledge and understanding of mobile telecommunications, mobile payments or other similar financial systems.
• Remote working experience Use of excellent communication and decision-making skills with sufficient understanding and ability to balance multiple conflicting interests.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to prepare and present materials (reports and presentations) to Market Exec level,
Must have technical / professional qualifications
• Experience in Software Development lifecycle is essential, in agile and waterfall methodologies – 5 years
• Experience in business systems configuration – 5 Years
• Understanding of the financial services industry (e.g banking, mobile money, retail financial services)
• Formal Anti Money Laundering qualification would be an advantage.
• Communication and relationship management experience to executive level – 3 years
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, Information Technology, Data Analytics or equivalent and Service Delivery Qualification – ITIL
• Mobile Payment Project Experience or Financial Services Experience – 2 years and AML Qualification – ICA Certificate in Anti Money Laundering Awareness
• Programme Management Qualification – MSP
• Certified Business Operations Management Specialist (CBOMS)™
• AGILE – experience in the use of AGILE tools
Key performance indicators
• Leadership and capacity to drive project choices and to implemented them (ambitious and competitive)
• Time and Quality to Market for MPA products and Services
• Act always for Simplicity and Speed for reduced project waiting time.
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.