23 Fevereiro, 2021
Role purpose: Responsible for access to and prioritisation of work to local and MPA funded resources to service configuration, network integration test and launch of new M-Pesa Services. The In-Market Delivery Lead will act as local SPOC to advocate the local priority for new M-Pesa service delivery
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
1. Impact on the business
• Weekly prioritisation with MPA Delivery Squads to facilitate business requirements into functional and technical delivery activities for local resources and budget estimates plus acceleration of relevant local regulatory, fraud, risk and security resource engagement. Reduced transfer delay and friction in the service delivery approach.
2. Customers, supplier and third parties
• Strengthened Market communication plan (feedback loop, scheduled communications/reporting, issue escalation) with local Engineering, Commercial and Ops teams to identify local Market changes and enable Market support for Core Delivery Programmes
3. Leadership and teamwork
• Attend regular MPA and Market governance meetings and deliver a ‘service mentality’ and ‘collaboration approach’ in relationships between MPA and markets.
4. Innovation and change
• Identification and drive of local process, product or service improvements to maximise delivery capability and synergies to reduce fragmentation and friction between MPA funded and local Market teams.
• Agree, develop and manage communications plan for key MPA and Market stakeholders to mitigate upstream risks and delays due to poor dependency management and resource availability.
Knowledge and experience
• Strong Demonstrable competence in Project management (Waterfall and Agile), stakeholder and vendor management.
• Subject matter knowledge of mobile payments Applications and HW covering deployment, configuration, test and release.
• Provision of broad technical and business knowledge and understanding of mobile telecommunications, mobile payments or other similar financial systems.
• Remote working experience Use of excellent communication and decision-making skills with sufficient understanding and ability to balance multiple conflicting interests.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to prepare and present materials (reports and presentations) to Market Exec level,
Must have technical / professional qualifications
• Project Management Experience including international suppliers or markets – minimum 3 years
• Project Management Qualification – PRINCE 2, APMP or equivalent
• Communication and relationship management experience to executive level – 3 years
• Excellent problem analysis and resolution skills to support work in reactive and proactive environments
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, Information Technology, Data Analytics or equivalent and Service Delivery Qualification – ITIL
• Mobile Payment Project Experience or Financial Services Experience – 2 years
• AML Qualification – ICA Certificate in Anti Money Laundering Awareness
• Programme Management Qualification – MSP
• AGLILE – formal certification Scrum Master or equivalent and tools
Key performance indicators
• Leadership and capacity to drive project choices and to implemented them (ambitious and competitive)
• Time to Market for MPA products and Services
• Act always for Simplicity and Speed for reduced project waiting time.
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.