23 Fevereiro, 2021
Role purpose: The role of the Senior Specialist : In-Market M-Pesa Service Operations is to govern the M-Pesa service deployed across a subset of Vodafone Markets.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
1.- Impact on the business
• Report to The M-Pesa IT Support Manager on deviations from the agreed service levels, capacity changes that affect budgets and any local capability needs that impact on the delivery of the end-to-end service. During Major Incidents the Senior Specialist : In-Market M-Pesa Service Operations will participate in service recovery and will drive to ensure that end-to-end customer service is restored without delay. It is expected that the Senior Specialist : In-Market M-Pesa Service Operations will understand the local business model for each of the markets that he/she supports.
2.- Customers, supplier and third parties
• Understand the process and procedures of all parties to ensure that they align with the overall goals and operational aims of the MPA team.
3.- Leadership and teamwork
• Deliver a ‘service mentality’ and ‘collaboration approach’ in relationships between MPA and markets.
4.- Innovation and change
• Identification and drive of local process, product or service improvements to maximise delivery capability and synergies to reduce fragmentation and friction between MPA funded and local Market teams.
• Agree, develop and manage communications plan for key MPA and Market stakeholders to mitigate upstream risks and Influencing is a key in order to drive discussions with market CTO and CIOs.
Knowledge and experience
• Management of large OLTP environments, with outsourced service providers across different regions of the globe.
• ITIL knowledge, experience and qualification.
• Management of disparate teams across geographies
• Managing outsourced services
• Operational management and acceptance
Must have technical / professional qualifications
• 5yrs+ Operations Management Certification
• Natural diplomatic and leadership skills and Communication and relationship management experience to executive level – 3 years
• Global / cultural management and awareness
• Understanding of the financial services industry (e.g banking, mobile money, retail financial services)
• Formal Anti Money Laundering qualification would be an advantage.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, Information Technology, Data Analytics or equivalent and Service Delivery Qualification – ITIL
• Banking/ Financial experience
• OLTP Architecture knowledge
• Budget management
• Project planning, delivery and presentation skills
Key performance indicators
• Leadership and capacity to drive project choices and to implemented them (ambitious and competitive)
• General Service Level (Availability, Capacity Planning, Timely Reporting, Continuous Service Improvement Initiatives)
• Act always for Simplicity and Speed for reduced project waiting time.
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.