11 Agosto, 2021
Role purpose: The Managing Director is responsible for the management of Vodafone M-Pesa S.A. a financial institution regulated by the Central Bank of Mozambique. The role provides leadership in the development of leading financial products and services for the Mozambique market, in line with the financial inclusion strategy of the Company and Vodacom Group in general. The eventual goal is to transform M-Pesa into an Integrated Digital Financial Services institution by deploying state of the art technology and best global practices that ushers Mozambique into the Digital age.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
• Determine long term and short term commercial strategic direction for M-Pesa services and prepare the necessary plans.
• Ensure compliance with local regulatory requirements, as well as group policies and procedures local requirements.
• Provide leadership and direction in the generation and development of additional revenue sources for the company.
• Formulate and implement the M-PESA financial strategy with the aim of growing usage, connection and revenue from the product.
• Oversee the attracting, recruiting, reward deployment and retention of Talent as well as leading all the talent management activities and routines that ensure the M-Pesa Team is continuously engaged, rewarded and developed.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
• Identifies people’s needs, interests and motives to be able to influence the decisions they make.
• Uses knowledge of products, technology, process, systems and policy to solve problems and drive continuous improvement.
• Defines scope and deliverables in terms of time, cost, quality and business benefit
• Applies knowledge of the financial and banking regulation to deliver products and services
• Wins and retains Customers by identifying their needs or business challenges, and matching them to Vodafone M-Pesa products and services
Must have technical / professional qualifications
• Graduate degree holder, ideally also holding a Master’s degree in a commerce or technical based field or strategic management.
• State of the art technological knowledge in IT and working knowledge of mobile telecommunication.
• Minimum of 12 years’ experience in a senior management role in a customer-dominated industry, where service quality and information management are paramount considerations.
• A seasoned professional with proven skills in High Tech and market driven organizations.
Budget owned: Responsibility for Financial Services Budgets and Vodafone M-Pesa Business Performance
Key performance indicators
• Grow the business through continuous increase in the M-Pesa active customer base, active agents and M-Pesa merchant base;
• Increase adoption of M-Pesa Super app and Merchant apps in the market;
• Maintain market leadership in fintech product innovation;
• Ensure 100% compliance with all regulatory requirements
Indirect reports: 79
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.