15 Setembro, 2021
Role purpose: Drive the expansion of financial services guaranteeing that M-Pesa has relevant impact in the financial inclusion agenda in Mozambique.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
• Identify and validate opportunities for financial services in the M-Pesa portfolio.
• Guarantee customer centricity in the design of new financial services in M-Pesa’s product portfolio.
• Develop and maintain business cases for the M-Pesa financial services portfolio guaranteeing that the core products have an associated financial impact.
• Design, plan and project-manage the implementation of new products and enhancements to the current product portfolio across all disciplines involved in the process.
• Define the Product Strategy for M-Pesa’s financial services.
• Guarantee that the M-Pesa financial services are aligned with the business context and vision.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
• Strong Communication and Presentation Skills – Ability to ensure active communication with internal and external stakeholders
• Commercially astute and strategically oriented – solid understanding of market, competitor & Customer. Solid understanding of the integrated set of products and services included within the M-Pesa portfolio; able to identify opportunities for M-Pesa and define and implement these opportunities into reality.
• Customer Centricity – Solid understanding of techniques necessary to correctly align the product offering to the customer’s needs.
• Strong Analytical skills – able to assess reports, identify issues, root cause, and recommend solutions.
• Inspirational Leadership – develop and maintain great working environment throughout all levels of the M-Pesa organization.
Must have technical / professional qualifications
• University degree in Commercial or Information Technology related areas.
• A minimum of 1 year relevant experience in a commercial/technology role within an innovation function with cross-functional exposure;
• Knowledge of Agile methodology will be an advantage.
• Knowledge and experience of the financial services and telecommunications industries will be an advantage.
• Strong planning and networking skills.
• Ability to draft product requirement documents and business cases.
Key performance indicators
● Timely delivery of agreed Financial Services product roadmap.
● New product usage OKRs relative to business case (unique users, number of transactions, revenue, etc.)
● Net Promoter Score leadership in the Mobile Money categories of: “range of products and services”, “ease of use of services on mobile”, “simple and easy”, “offers something different”, and “understands your needs”
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.