8 Outubro, 2021
Coca – Cola Beverages Africa has an exciting vacancy of Quality Controller at one of our Mozambique Bottlers – Nampula Plant, leading producer of various flavors in Mozambique for the last 27 years. This position reports directly to the Packaging Team Leader. The incumbent will be responsible to ensure that the bottling process meets the product and packaging quality requirements.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. BUILD STRATEGIC SHEQ UNDERSTANDING: Understand the Manufacturing Process and equipment in order to advise manufacturing management on possible issues on the quality of the product; Authorities to stop or not stop the line within established procedures; Escalate quality issues to the Manufacturing Management Team when necessary; Ensure the alignment of quality control with the Supply Chain Way principles and work practices; Update and follow work instructions as per the Quality Management Systems on the line.
2. DRIVE QUALITY IMPROVEMENT IN MANUFACTURING: Identify and interpret standards and specifications for the relevant environment e.g. Processing, Water Treatment, Packaging & Final Product in the Warehouse; Prepare relevant apparatus, equipment and reagents according to the testing method; Take samples following required sampling methods and procedures; Pass conforming product samples; Record results in the required format, and communicate to the relevant stakeholders; Identify non-conformances and communicate to relevant personnel for corrective action; Conduct SPC studies according to the SPC procedure; Complete bottle burst surveys according to the procedure; Complete an age survey in the warehouse.
3. MANAGE THE LABORATORY: Comply with quality systems, standards and practices; Interpret and apply GLP and GMP requirements in the laboratory; Comply with requirements of the QMS, policies, SOP’s and work instructions.
4. MAINTAIN SAFETY, HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENT STANDARDS: Comply with safe working procedures / signage and standards; Request personal protective equipment and use and maintain this in accordance with procedures and legislation; Carry out work according to relevant Environment, Health and Safety standards; Apply knowledge of company commitment and priorities on Sustainable Development issues as well as local targets and initiatives to identify opportunities for action.
5. MANAGE SELF: Communicate professionally; Pro-actively encourage participation, problem solving and idea sharing in team meetings and daily interactions to continuously entrench thinking and application of WCM principles; Develop self-awareness.
Skills, Experience & Education
• Honors degree or Diploma Food Science, Food Technology or equivalent.
• 3 to 5 years of experience on this role or at similar positions.
• Experience on FMCG business it’s advantageous.
• Good process knowledge preferably in a bottling environment.
• Proficiency on English and Portuguese language.
We encourage women to apply.
Location – Town / City: Nampula