10 Novembro, 2021
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Life
How can you make a difference?
The Mozambique new country programme 2022-2026 will be approved by the Executive Board in February 2022 with implementation as of March the same year. The vision for this new country programme is to support the Government towards ensuring that all children and families, especially the most vulnerable, enjoy their rights; adolescents and youth are empowered; communities and systems are strengthened and resilient; and humanitarian assistance and development address the structural causes of fragility and vulnerability.
In order to continue to work towards achieving the new country programme goals and objectives, it is necessary to use sound innovative and evidence informed messaging and advocacy that is visible in the public domain to make the case for children as a winning cause, thus engaging key audiences to act on behalf of children. At the same time, it is important to engage and attract donors (both locally & internationally) and partners to mobilize resources for the implementation of all Government/UNICEF programme activities and develop public and private partnerships.
To ensure donors and key stakeholders have accurate information and ensure increased awareness about UNICEF’s support in Mozambique’s, an advocacy information package/kit is needed highlighting components and key issues addressed in the country programme. It is against this background that the Communication Section of UNICEF Mozambique seeks a consultancy firm experienced in writing, photography and having prior experience in designing and producing advocacy and promotional materials, together with the various elements of the package, to develop the Advocacy and Communication Package.
Purpose and Objective:
The consultant should support the preparation of strategic advocacy publication and briefings for UNICEF Mozambique new country programme. The specific objectives are:
- Present an innovative proposal for the package to be used through different platforms (including the revamping of the website) and produce a detailed structural proposed plan of approach and timeline for the consultancy and the content outline of the package.
- Develop a user-friendly communication and advocacy package for the Country programme of cooperation between the Government of Mozambique and UNICEF for 2022-2026 showing strong linkage to the UN sustainable development cooperation framework for the same period based on the documents provided by the country office (CPD, programme strategic notes etc).
The package should be adapted or tailored to two main audiences: public, more traditional partners; and the private sector and stakeholders and should be modular for different purposes (including stand-alone use depending on partners interest).
It should include a description of the overall vision of the new country programme and the five programmatic pillars, showcasing inter-sectoral work and alignment with the new strategic plan of UNICEF for 2022-2025; specific notes on ECD, adolescence as core pillars of the country programme as well as disability inclusion and gender transformative action; creation of highly visual fact sheets on the situation of children; human-interest stories/ human portraits. The producst should include financial figures to be able to be used for resource mobilisation.
- Design and layout the information kit and a multi-media PowerPoint Presentation (PPT) on the new CPD.
- Develop a social media package for Facebook and Twitter with key messages for each programme area.
- Capture appropriate photograph and quotes that will be used for the package as per key issues to be included in the information package, power point presentation, social media package.
- Design, visualise and conceptualise the package for preparing the ready to print materials.
- Support the conceptualisation of the launch of the country programme, could include photo exhibition on children in Mozambique combined with the SITAN report.
Methodology and Technical Approach:
Under the general supervision of the CAP and in close coordination and consultation with the Representative, Deputy Representative, Programme Chiefs and partnership team, the consultant will be responsible for the conceptualization, development, production, design and layout of an Advocacy, Communication and Resource Mobilization Package for Mozambique-UNICEF Country Programme 2022-2026 (English and Portuguese):
- Desk review and writing using existing material and publications.
- The consultant should personally gather content for the publications in Mozambique (Maputo and field offices), including interviews deemed necessary.
- The consultant should meet and discuss with senior management of UNICEF Mozambique, section heads and programme specialists the new CPD approach and focus. UNICEF will provide all needed content, presentations, and documents.
- The consultant should periodically brief the senior management and engage with heads of sections.
- After the approval of the creative concept, the consultant should prepare an initial design based on draft content and provide technical specifications for printing for the final material.
- The office will be allowed up to three corrections/editing in the file after the design approval.
- The consultant should deliver ready to print and editable design files (preferably InDesign CS5 compatible with idml file, Adobe Illustrator CS5 compatible, Adobe Photoshop CS5 compatible) to enable further editing by the country office and posting in digital platforms in the future.
- The consultant should follow UNICEF branding guidelines and use features of the local context of Mozambique. The colour scheme shall be indicated.
- The consultant shall be responsible for ensuring quality and consistency across the range of documents being produced.
Activities and Tasks:
The consultant should complete the following activities and tasks, in line with the above purpose and objectives:
- To provide content for Mozambique Country Kit based on the new Country Programme Document (CPD) and the strategy notes.
- To draft briefing notes in a friendly language for media around main priorities defined by UNICEF. This should be validated by UNICEF Mozambique.
- Produce a UNICEF Mozambique programme overview in a friendly language for different stakeholder both public and private, including media.
- Human interest stories for each programme area showcasing UNICEF and donor support to the Government of Mozambique work. This should be validated by UNICEF Mozambique.
- Design and layout a multi-media PowerPoint Presentation (PPT) on the new CPD.
- At least 20 key messages for a social media package on the new CPD to be used on Facebook and Twitter. This should be validated by UNICEF Mozambique.
- Album of high quality photographs showcasing UNICEF work on each programme area, including humanitarian action.
- Develop the concept for the launch of the country programme.
Deliverables and Payments:
Payments will be processed upon acceptance of the corresponding deliverable and against an invoice that will refer to the contract reference and deliverable numbers. Payments will be approved by the supervisor.
The The consultant will prepare key deliverables during the detailed structural proposed plan of approach and timeline for the consultancy described in the objectives.
Management and Supervision:
The contractor will be supervised by the chief of communications in close coordination and consultation with the Deputy Representative and Representative.
This consultancy is for 2.5 months, starting from mid-November 2021, ending 30 January 2022.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Consultant preferably with LTA with UNICEF and a one stop shop with multimedia package.
- Solid experience in developing similar products for UNICEF and other UN agencies.
- Proven experience in preparing advocacy/donor packages.
- Excellent simple, persuasive writing skills in English.
- Ability to extract critical facts from written sources and collating them in a coherent and creative manner.
- Knowledge of photography, visualisation, and graphic design.
- Knowledge and experience using social media for development messaging and photography.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
Advertised: 05 Nov 2021 South Africa Standard Time
Deadline: 11 Nov 2021 South Africa Standard Time